Fuck Today, Continued

Yes. You’re far too important to many people, including us here, to give up or in. I’m sorry but it’s true. Take care of yourself as best you can

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

6 Likes

Ghost Hug GIF

10 Likes

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

8 Likes

yikes. i didn’t know cops could search searches like that, or even that google stored searches in a ways that allows cops to identify ip addresses and individuals

the eff makes a very good point

The stakes are especially high in US States that have outlawed abortions or restrict gender-affirming care for trans-kids… “People who are searching for an abortion, searching for mifepristone, or gender-affirming care for the children”

but no need to worry, i’m sure it will go just fine:

“If dystopian problems emerge, as some fear, the courts stand ready to hear argument regarding how we should rein in law enforcement’s use of rapidly advancing technology.”

3 Likes
5 Likes

one of those rare examples where the law of betteridge is wrong?

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

officials say she fainted

Season 3 Bullshit GIF by BBC America

1 Like
1 Like

Moving Independence Day GIF

5 Likes

Tax shock

The tax office is advising taxpayers to check that their tax card is up to date to avoid nasty surprises down the road.

Iltalehti reports the Finnish Tax Administration saying that nearly one million—965,000 taxpayers — are likely paying too little tax, meaning that the income limit set on their tax card is too low.

This means that their income will be taxed at a higher additional percentage rather than the basic tax rate.

“If the income limit risks being exceeded, it’s best to apply for a new tax card. Getting a new tax card now means the impact on December’s salary won’t be as significant,” Päivi Ylitalo of the Tax Administration said in an agency release.

I have to spend minutes maybe even tens of minutes on this bullshit next month.

Tens Of Minutes! Fuck this shithole country!

1 Like
1 Like

One thing the article is not clear on is the targeting of this new policy- I assume that EU citizens using their freedom of movement to work in Finland wouldn’t be impacted by this, because the EU has strict rules about not excluding union citizens from benefits available to locals.

4 Likes
2 Likes

fog1

At Least 7 Dead as ‘Super Fog’ Blankets New Orleans, Causing Pileups

The combination of marsh fire smoke and moisture in the air created what a meteorologist called a “perfect storm.” Low visibility contributed to the traffic accidents.

3 Likes

AFAIK EU & EEA citizens won’t be effected.

6 Likes

ETA

4 Likes