Fuck Today, Continued

2 Likes

The annual equality report ranked Finland in 4th place last year.

5 Likes

Kacsmaryk, however, ruled on Monday that once appeals courts allowed the terminations to become final, Planned Parenthood was obligated to return the money it had received in the meantime.

so the state tried to kick them off medicaid, and eventually succeeded. while the cases were pending, pp continued to bill. and now, the state — and this judge – are saying planned parenthood owe all the money accrued while the cases were pending, and possibly billions more in fines.

sounds completely legit /s :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I wonder if Finland dropped because it got worse, or because other countries got better?

4 Likes

Right?

The state of Texas found a reason to go after Planned Parenthood.

Suspicious GIF

2 Likes

and a judge who’s happy to do it with them :confused:

1 Like

Finland ranks among the European Union’s most racially discriminatory countries, according to the findings of a survey conducted by the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA).

Finland takes third spot in the report, which investigates the challenges faced by people of African descent in Europe, encompassing issues of race-based discrimination, harassment, and violence. Austria and Germany were the only two countries to rank ahead of Finland.

Reporting on the Being Black in the EU survey, newspaper Helsingin Sanomat writes that the survey shows how discrimination has become more rampant in recent years, both in Finland and across the EU.

Some 54 percent of the respondents in Finland reported experiencing racial discrimination during the past year, with 63 percent having encountered such discrimination over the past five years.

“People of African descent are routinely met with unfair treatment and bias when seeking jobs or homes. Racial discrimination, harassment and violence continues to haunt their daily lives,” the report notes.

The surveyed countries include Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Portugal, Poland, Spain, and Sweden.

The FRA gathered data by interviewing individuals residing in these nations who either hailed from sub-Saharan Africa or had at least one parent from the region. The survey was conducted in 2022 and includes responses from more than 6,700 participants.

4 Likes
2 Likes

documents revealed by the anti-racist magazine Expo show that a 15-year-old Jimmie Akesson contacted the SD as early as 1994, several months before. At the time, the group created in 1988 was still led by Anders Klarström, one of its founding members and a previously active member of the neo-Nazi Nordic Reich Party. Its meetings featured brown shirts and party members performing the Nazi salute, and their security was provided by skinheads.

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

Just saw this today, and it reminded me of another issue with textiles:

There’s got to be a better way to balance resale/secondhand markets and local industry growth.

5 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

weep bbc GIF

ETA: Just noticed this:

For American Indian/Alaskan Native women, the rate increased from 7.46 infant deaths per 1,000 to 9.06 deaths in 2022.For white women, the rate rose from 4.36 per 1,000 to 9.06.

From the CDC site:

• Infants born to American Indian and Alaska Native and White women: Mortality rates increased significantly among infants of American Indian and Alaska Native, non-Hispanic (7.46 to 9.06) and White, non-Hispanic women (4.36 to 4.52).

Typo from the article.

5 Likes

Just, FYI, it does give details of autopsies on elephants who died, so… :sob: And there are pictures of elephants who died…

5 Likes

Last week I found out my favored hand soap of more than 20 years has added a horrific floral scent to the formula and I’m entering the second week of trying to find a suitable replacement. Softsoap aloe whatever is the culprit - it was fine before covid; maybe I should stop getting my vaccines and hope I lose my sense of smell. ( only half /s )

5 Likes