Fuck Today, Continued

Thanks for the heads up! :nauseated_face:

I have one refill that we bought about a month ago, so I’m unsure if we got it before the change.

3 Likes

Beware the word “fresh”. The old flavor was (I believe) “soothing aloe vera” and the refill I’m about to throw away is “SOOTHING CLEAN - ALOE VERA FRESH SCENT”. (though I found some reviews online stating they got the scent in an older-style label, so who knows?)

4 Likes

I just don’t understand why hand soap should have a smell.

I get (but don’t like) that body washes have smells. I hate hate hate that my antiperspirant has an awful smell because I can’t sleep if I shower in the evening and apply it.

But hand wash? Do hands generally smell and need odor masking? Isn’t this a job for hand lotion? Sigh.

8 Likes

What is it with companies adding scent? I’ve been using an unscented anti-perspirant for years, and although it’s still labelled unscented, it’s scented stronger than the one I had previously dumped for this one.

7 Likes

Procter & Gamble used to brag about Ivory being just soap and nothing else

This iconic bar of soap, with two weird claims to fame, has stuck around for nearly 150 years

5 Likes

Well, in general, stuff smells. Mixing different kinds of stuff can create other smells. Removing those smells from stuff can be difficult if you want the stuff to do a particular thing. So getting industrial quantities of antiperspirant to not only make you not smell but also not smell itself may require a masking scent that balances the smell of the stuff itself.
As for why people like scented stuff, they enjoy smelling like something besides themselves. The idea that human sweat was a bad smell was created as a marketing tool in the 1920s or so. Once indoor plumbing made bathing easy, people were soon expected to be cleaner than they ever had been before.
Also, there are theories that some of the feelings of social estrangement so common these days are precisely because people don’t smell much like people anymore even in places where there are lots of them. Your brain can imprint on the smell of your parents within hours of birth.

1 Like

Spread across four computer monitors arranged in a grid, a blue and green interface shows the location of more than 50 different surveillance cameras. Ordinarily, these cameras and others like them might be disparate, their feeds only available to their respective owners: a business, a government building, a resident and their doorbell camera. But the screens, overlooking a pair of long conference tables, bring them all together at once, allowing law enforcement to tap into cameras owned by different entities around the entire town all at once.

This is a demonstration of Fusus, an AI-powered system that is rapidly springing up across small town America and major cities alike. Fusus’ product not only funnels live feeds from usually siloed cameras into one central location, but also adds the ability to scan for people wearing certain clothes, carrying a particular bag, or look for a certain vehicle.

404 Media has obtained a cache of internal emails, presentations, memos, photos, and more which provide insight into how Fusus teams up with police departments to sell its surveillance technology. All around the country, city councils are debating whether they want to have a system that qualitatively changes what surveillance cameras mean for a town’s residents and public agencies. While many have adopted Fusus, others have pushed back, and refused to have the hardware and software installed in their neighborhoods.

2 Likes

3 Likes

This is so far, far beyond even the wildest, wettest dreams the Stasi ever had.

2 Likes

Big Brother Is Watching You GIF

Big brother is watching and he likes what he sees
A world for the taking, when he’s ready to squeeze
King and the Queen are gone, each piece is the same
The difference between us is a part of the game

5 Likes

https://archive.ph/n5XEr

4 Likes
3 Likes

Make America Corporal Punishment Again. :frowning_face:

2 Likes
3 Likes

standard time. :clock2:

because i mean, really. why do we keep doing this?

4 Likes

we suck again GIF

4 Likes

Former nurse now linked to 17 nursing home deaths

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/former-nurse-now-linked-to-17-nursing-home-deaths/ar-AA1jjvAO

1 Like
9 Likes