Fuck Today, Continued

Hey, whenever it’s a choice between convenience and risk, I’ll take convenience. Now hold my $7 cup of Starbucks!

:sob:

3 Likes

What struck me about this story was that this study only looked at children who had health insurance, so it’s not discrimination only against kids who aren’t covered by insurance. Insanely frustrating.

https://archive.ph/ZEqGs

I can get teabags made from paper here (unbleached) I tend to use them because they’re compostable.

3 Likes

it depends on the kind.

while it should be required on the box ( and it’s not :confused: ) you can usually find info on specific brands online.

things that look like plastic are. but some of the big brands ( like pg tips ) are paper ( and hey, no polypropylene sealer ) – some “natural” brands use things like abaca

doesn’t cut down on the bugs though.

2 Likes

Yep.

#notallteabags

2 Likes

https://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/after-76-years-in-n-out-burger-just-made-a-heartbreaking-announcement.html

1 Like

Pelosi urges FBI probe of Gaza ceasefire protests in US, suggests Russia links

WASHINGTON, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Former U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Sunday that she thinks some protests in the United States demanding a ceasefire in Gaza could be linked to Russia, and that the FBI should conduct a probe into their funding.

Her comments were dismissed as “unsubstantiated smears” by some rights advocates, who said such remarks amounted to dehumanization of the Palestinian people.

Pelosi, who made the remarks in a CNN interview, provided no evidence for her claims. She was asked whether opposition to President Joe Biden’s policy in the war in Gaza could hurt the Democrat in November’s presidential election.

“For them to call for a ceasefire is Mr. Putin’s message, Mr. Putin’s message. Make no mistake, this is directly connected to what he (Russian President Vladimir Putin) would like to see,” Pelosi told CNN.

“I think some of these protesters are spontaneous, and organic, and sincere. Some I think are connected to Russia,” she said. “Some financing should be investigated and I want to ask the FBI to investigate that.”

So I guess there are only two political factions, anti-genocide-in-Ukraine as sponsored by America and anti-genocide-in-Palestine as sponsored by Russia, but being against genocide in general is simply not an option. Because human rights only exist to further political interests, because we live in hell. :rage:

5 Likes

Right?

7 Likes
4 Likes

Fort Bliss bomb squad deployment closes portions of Sonoma Ranch Blvd. in Las Cruces

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fort-bliss-bomb-squad-deployment-closes-portions-of-sonoma-ranch-blvd-in-las-cruces/ar-BB1hvl93

ETA: more info

2 Likes
2 Likes

Billie Eilish Wtf GIF by Global Citizen

7 Likes

The National Weather Service issued a rare hurricane-force wind warning for the Central Coast: Wind gusts up to 92 mph were possible from the Monterey Peninsula to the northern section of San Luis Obispo County.

1 Like