Fuck Today, Continued

9 Likes
7 Likes

In the demo, former SpaceX intern

SpaceX - Making Kessler syndrome seem like the best outcome since 2002

6 Likes

This reminds me of the old Encyclopedia Brown book where some grifter was trying to raise money to build a full scale model of the solar system.

8 Likes

Might be hiring soon…

Remind me to hire only the neuro-divergent and the non-… whatever it is I’m supposed to think of as… ugh… can’t even. Remind me to hire people brave enough to know who they are and creative enough to live in a world that doesn’t.

For strength of character and creative thinking alone… we’ll train them up for the particulars of the job…

3 Likes

Usborne Publishing Ltd., London 1979,
“The World of The Future - Robots”

4 Likes

All the rest of the LAN is gone now, powered down to be packed. It’s just this PC and the router, all alone…

Okay, maybe I have too many computers. :rofl:

8 Likes
12 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

Get Well Soon Love GIF by BrittDoesDesign

11 Likes

More than 50% of ride-hailing trips taken by surveyed riders in California replaced more sustainable forms of transportation — such as walking, cycling, carpooling, and public transit — or created new vehicle miles, according to a study from the University of California, Davis Institute of Transportation Studies.

It’s been striking that Silicon Valley, while congratulating itself on its innovative genius, keeps answering the question of how to get around with cars. Taxi-industry-undermining cars, driverless cars, electric cars, but still cars while public transit is superior for dozens of reasons, notably for the environment but also for traffic and social connection.

About 47% of the trips replaced a public transit, carpool, walking or cycling trip. An additional 5.8% of trips represented “induced travel,” meaning the person would not have made the trip were an Uber or Lyft unavailable. This suggests ride-hailing often tends to replace most sustainable transportation modes and leads to additional vehicle miles traveled.

6 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

Drama at work. Although not directly affecting me, as I am “far from the madding crowd” in an outlying clinic, I suspect the fallout will be seen even out here in the boonies.

The letter alleges a slew of violations committed by Kent and Kibbe, claiming they:

• Allocated money to their cadre of executive colleagues despite shortages at the clinical level.
  • Turned a blind eye as senior leaders tampered with billing and patient records to modify adverse outcomes and productivity.
  • Repeatedly disregarded policy, tenure and ethics.
  • And explicitly threatened those who spoke out against them.
12 Likes

Ugh, wow. And it’s still more largely ignored evidence that healthcare should not be for profit!

10 Likes

It has been recently revealed (to us, at least. I assume someone knew this previously.) that Kent got canned at his previous position at Ohio State following a similar vote of no confidence. Just another case of “failing upward,” I guess.

10 Likes