Fuck Today, Continued

You know that scene in GOT when Arya feeds Tully his sons baked in a pie? Well, this story makes me want to pay whoever it is that’s running Masterpiece Cakes these days to exhume the putrescent body of Antonin Scalia, bake it into a cake, and force feed it to Thomas, Alito, Barrett, Kavanaugh, and Gorsuch like they’re geese getting fattened up for foie gras.

Fuck these assholes. Pack the goddamn court.

9 Likes

That attitude is spreading, because a vocal, toxic group is still being supported in their efforts to make life difficult for everyone else. Here’s yet another example:

12 Likes

21 Likes

Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

8 Likes

This popped up on my curated-random music rotation this morning. So, fsck it.

6 Likes

Amen and amen. I am so far from OK. So are most folks I know. We are looking at a world that is utterly unrecognizable from just 2 1/2 years ago. And no indication things are going to improve, lots of signs that it will get worse. Fascists are on the rise everywhere, healthcare is going to shit, mental health is a joke, and our kids are more aware of all this then most of their parents. Nothing good will happen fast, and evil can move with amazing speed. No, we are not OK. At all.

15 Likes

Fuck domestic terrorist Harding. No, I’m not a lawyer, but looking at the US Code definition:

the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States;

Florida is within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States so C is satisfied. This sure as hell seems to me to satisfy part i of section B, intimidating or coercing LGBTQ students. And if even one LGBTQ student gets seriously injured or killed because they were outed, I would argue that satisfies section A. There’s some criminal harassment statute on the books, isn’t there?

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been dropping it into a lot of places recently, including here (somewhere). I remember it from when it was originally popular, and it’s heartbreaking how relevant it still is all these years later.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Even if he’d had been found guilty the fact that he’d got to spend the last eight years free while awaiting trial is already a huge miscarriage of justice. But finding this guy innocent? Maybe I shouldn’t be surprised but a few recent trials of cops committing murder had given me hope this wouldn’t happen. Florida juries are unbelievable.

7 Likes

He was assaulted with popcorn. Of course he was justified innuse of deadly force. And the shooter being a cop obviously outweighs the victim being white, so the logic holds. Add in Florida, and there you have it.

7 Likes

well then GIF

6 Likes

Please, don’t you see we are busy now?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00022-2

17 Likes
14 Likes

So, “courses,” eh? First move, submit a curriculum revision to remove any courses that mention George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, and cite this bill as the reason.

10 Likes

As one of the responses in the thread pointed out, Wyoming has a solid history in treating women as equals – first state to allow women to vote, for example – so they’re forbidding their universities to teach pro-Wyoming gender history.

13 Likes

I’m sure that the people voting in favor of this find that history to be embarrassing… they don’t see equality for women as a social good, but as a force that destroyed “the family” as they believe it should exist.

But yet another attempt to “take back” the universities from the rabble and give it back to the white men who they believe should be in charge of such things…

and of course, you scroll down a bit in the comments and you get a bunch of dudes whinging about how “gender studies” “aren’t scientific” and “lack academic rigor”… even though they disagree with banning them… Honestly, the dismantling of the post-60s academy is happening just as much from within as it is from without…

13 Likes

Or before I try to doze off.
This hurts so much.

6 Likes
9 Likes

25 Likes