Fuck Today, Continued

Veronica Mars Middle Finger GIF

Republicans say they represent “the party of family values.” But one of their candidates who won a primary election this week is also in jail for allegedly killing his cancer-stricken wife after she threatened to divorce him for cheating on her.

In all seriousness – what the fuck?

19 Likes

“Warning, contains queers.”

20 Likes

Have they completely forgotten how putting warning labels on music just drove sales?

15 Likes
6 Likes

15 Likes

Update

The Saratoga was a relatively upscale, but small, place. On the edge of Habana Vieja it was in a great location. Around the corner is one of the best shops outside of Regla for buying Santería-related items.

10 Likes

The Federal Court in Alabama has failed to act and has allowed a FELONY ban on lifesaving gender affirming care for minors to go into effect tonight at midnight. For the first time in US history, gender affirming care has been criminalized w/ punishments up to 10 years in prison.
Doctors will now be forced to violate their ethics or be imprisoned for following the standards of care supported by every major medical org in the country. Parents could be arrested for following the advice of doctors. Trans youth will be forcefully detransitioned.
This case was overseen by Judge Liles Burke, a radical conservative Trump appointed Fed Soc judge. He was more concerned about venue than the effect this ban would have on trans youth and their families.

20 Likes

Fucking fuck.

Angry Lilo And Stitch GIF

21 Likes

Yeah, this is beyond fucked.

17 Likes

Those poor kids. People are supposed to look after children

Fuck it. I had more. I can’t.

16 Likes

I hope families with trans kids are able to escape.

17 Likes

This should not have to be the relevant word when thinking about a trans kid’s future.

17 Likes

It shouldn’t be, but fascists need an enemy. They are not going to stop with trans kids either — I’ve already read about GOP politicians saying it should be illegal to transition until 25. I’m sure that will be put in a bill soon enough. Unless they are stopped, I don’t see them stopping at 25.

16 Likes

“Kill-switches and VIN locks go hand in hand — but they’re also comorbid with security incompetence. Remember Medtronic? Its implanted medical devices (whose owners can only switch vendors with a scalpel and general anesthesia) are incredibly, terrifyingly insecure, and Medtronic, like Deere, insists nothing is wrong. That’s why a couple of security researchers had to build and demonstrate “a universal remote for killing people” with hacks of their implants, before that Medtronic would institute a voluntary recall of just one of its products.“

Cory.

17 Likes

“The 29-year-old victim was walking on Rising Sun Avenue near Cottman Avenue when a car with two females inside pulled up and shot the woman, said police.

The woman later died at the hospital.

The incident happened right in front of a police officer, which helped officers make a quick arrest.“

9 Likes

Gas explosions will become much more common. When you ignore infrastructure and don’t pay for quality repair people or construction workers, this is what happens.

4 Likes

WTAF:

9 Likes

Ms. Pane is now a criminal in the eyes of my state. As a therapist, if she treats a teen who is transitioning (which she does), and if her treatment plan doesn’t affirmatively put a stop to the transition (which ethically she cannot decide against if the patient does not want it) she can be arrested (which we are now planning for).

29 Likes

Please tell Ms. Pane she might be a criminal but she is also most definitely a hero.

18 Likes

Thank. As a practitioner, this is a specialty population of hers. So, we’re making plans for the worst.

17 Likes