Fuck Today, Continued

What do you do when your allies finally catch on to the fact that you’ve been stealing the funds they provide for you to help bring your country to 21st century levels, and instead used them to build an authoritarian system based on state capture corruption, and so they decide not to give you any more money?

What do you do when your allies refuse to give in to your absurd demands to extort money from them (and also push their enemy’s case) by constantly getting in the way of sanctioning said enemy and demand extraordinary amounts of money to stop?

What do you do when you really really need money because you’ve stolen way too much, the people you want to tax can’t pay more taxes, the economy can’t work without stolen funds, and you’ve already spent the year’s budget on ensuring you win the elections?

Well, you give yourself dictatorial powers and extort the money from businesses (only those not belonging to your financial circles, though), that is, ultimately from your own citizens, also causing the domestic currency to tank again and harder than before because fuck people’s money, your own wealth is safe in euros and dollars.

You know, I don’t pretend that western countries don’t have huge, huge issues, god knows I’m aware that they do. But fuck, what I wouldn’t give to have those problems, yes, down to the shittiest ones, instead of having all those problems anyway PLUS a deeply corrupt, immoral dictator who survives by almost literally sucking citizens’ blood, and is busy chaining this fucking country to the wrong side of history again. I’m so goddamn tired and disheartened.

7 Likes

Pride events this year are going to be extra dangerous.

13 Likes

Sad Mental Health GIF by Reservation Dogs

12 Likes

I won’t give in to fear though.

13 Likes

Best Friends Love GIF by TV Land

12 Likes
19 Likes

adventure time table flip GIF

12 Likes
12 Likes

angry dog GIF by STUDIOCANAL France

15 Likes

Matthew Gerhold began working at Valley Lutheran High School in Cedar Valley, Iowa last year. Although he told school officials that he was gay before he was hired, they later compelled him to resign or face termination after he was blackmailed.

Gerhold’s phone was hacked in January 2022 and the hacker blackmailed him by threatening to share private information about his sexuality publicly. Gerhold alerted the school about the hack and the blackmail, then resigned from his position at the high school after being told he would be fired following a school board meeting anyway, according to the Iowa Capital Dispatch.

After his resignation, he applied for and was granted unemployment benefits.

The school appealed that decision and a hearing was held on May 2 in front of Administrative Law Judge Blair Bennett, who ruled that Gerhold had a right to unemployment benefits as he had not violated in any way the conditions of his employment, nor had he been accused of workplace misconduct.

Jersey Shore Angelina GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

19 Likes

Oh my fucking…

I mean, i know the other deaths are already unspeakably awful…

:cry:

19 Likes

According to the Buffalo News, the retired agent frequently spoke with Gendron in an online chatroom where the topic of discussion was “racist hatred.”

“Two law enforcement sources with direct knowledge of the investigation stated these individuals were invited by Gendron to read about his mass shooting plans and the target location about 30 minutes before Gendron killed 10 people at Tops Markets on Jefferson Avenue on May 14,” writes the Buffalo News. “The News could not determine if the retired agent accepted the invitation.”

The paper’s sources also say that the retired agent and Gendron would talk with other “like-minded” individuals about their “shared interests in racial hatred, replacement theory and hatred of anyone who is Jewish, a person of color or not of European ancestry.”

Meanwhile in Texas,

13 Likes
11 Likes

Edit:

8 Likes
14 Likes

Not just in VA. This is a crisis nationwide. Hug your kids.

20 Likes

I am already tired of this weekend coming, and it hasn’t even started yet. The Grauniad’s guide to surviving is more of a guide to capitulation.

I guess I could sit and read through the Anarchists Library’s articles on why the monarchy or any other centralisation of power could and should be abolished, while listening to Manic Street Preachers, Crass and Chumbawamba.

What are the odds that the monarchy gets more positive press coverage this Friday than trans people will get through the entirety of pride month?

9 Likes

Where colonialist legacies and fundamentalist religions collide, some truly horrible things emerge :frowning:

4 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes