Fuck Today, Continued

Looking for more on the story, it’s not clear that the man was armed:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-trying-to-enter-gadsden-school-shot-to-death-while-attempting-to-take-officer-s-gun-officials-say/ar-AAYgFRE

Etowah County Sheriff Jonathan Horton said a resident called Attalla police reporting a suspicious man outside the school.
According to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, the man attempted to enter a marked Rainbow City patrol vehicle used by the school resource officer.
Reddick said the man was trying to get into vehicles and “aggressively” tried to open several door ways to the school, which went into lockdown, following protocols.
The Rainbow City officer attempted to stop the man, according to ALEA. After a conversation, the man resisted and attempted to take the officer’s firearm.

6 Likes

Congratulations!

I mean, yeah, what a horrible time to bring a grandbaby into the world, but yay for your family!!

12 Likes

Or was doing anything dangerous enough to warrant lethal action.

9 Likes

Great news! The parade will proceed!

13 Likes

Thank you so much! We’re all pretty happy, and it’s nice to have something to be happy about these days. A new life with infinite possibilities for doing good in the world gives me hope.

11 Likes

I like it! I do have to admit that my first thought when I saw it was “It’s a giant Pez candy!”, but my view of the universe has always been a bit weird. :thinking:

11 Likes

Ok, gonna admit the same reaction. Lol

8 Likes

Well, our neighbor cut her enormous and severely overgrown Jacaranda tree earlier on Tuesday, and we saw rats in our yard the next day. The three rats hid out in a cut out section of our fence.

This morning I saw this one drinking out of the water saucer I keep for the birds (and squirrels)

After its long drink of water, it hung out on the lawn, which is odd behavior. I went outside and it ran to its hiding place. Then it returned, drank more water, and and stayed in the grass. At one point, I no longer could see it so I went outside. It was behind one of the red bricks, and it just looked at me. I went back inside and I watched it move itself repeatedly into the shade. Then I spotted it moving spasmodically before it became still.

My guess is that someone spotted the rats and put out poison. It’s a shitty way for a creature to die.

14 Likes

Sounds like poison alright. The unquenchable thirst is a typical sign, as well as eating clay

10 Likes

Serves you right for not getting a crate of AR-15s!

5 Likes

white supremacist gang members headed to a pride parade :confused:

at least they were caught. but fuck this is not good

18 Likes

There’s a video on YouTube which includes the running chat at the time, which seems to me to be about 75% conspiracy theorists and only about 25% people who recognized these were dangerous thugs getting arrested for legitimate reason.

13 Likes

it’s such an impressive chain of logic: we have to use to violence because all these people are lying saying we’re using violence which we would never do which is why we have to only it isn’t us we swear

8 Likes

Private-equity firms including Stockbridge Capital, Carlyle Group and Apollo Global Management have been rapidly buying up mobile home parks over the last decade, often using funding from government-sponsored lenders Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Once they take over, one of their first moves is to raise rent, said MacTavish of Oregon State.

https://archive.ph/lOExh

12 Likes

Not sure if this is the best place to put this but why not!

And yes the missus made that pants and shirt!

25 Likes

Fabulousness achieved!!!

15 Likes

That’s one talented missus.

16 Likes

That’s just all about the fabulous and the love, ain’t it? Love it, and please pass on my best wishes, I hope they have/had a lovely time :hugs:

16 Likes

Fabulous, but why the “Fuck Today” thread?

I’m thinking “Unicorn Chasers” or “Good Encouraging Stuff”.

14 Likes

It grew out of a response to Aurora canceling the pride parade, then rescinding the cancellation.

I agree, probably a better place for it.

14 Likes