Fuck Today, Continued

Mayor Wilcox said he was notified via text message by the council to swear in Loehmann on Tuesday.

“I found it weird…because we don’t swear people in that way anymore…the way we used to,” he said. Now, you can take your oath of office to the notary and have them sign it for free, right here in town at the bank…I thought it was a little weird right from the beginning."

I wonder if an angry council-person rigged the swearing-in to draw attention.

10 Likes

lisa edelstein relief GIF

(Too bad the sweat I’m wiping away is more of a response to heat than to relief.)

7 Likes

Half a ton in a drug dosed by the microgram. Unbelievable. And if they caught this, you know there is lots more out there. I hate this timeline so much…

14 Likes

Roughly 4.536e+11 doses.

9 Likes

Whoa. A half-ton of meth, too.

8 Likes

I called my apt complex to confirm some moving out issues and asked them about the fire.

So I forgot that in some of the car ports on the side is a little room with a dumpsters for trash. You can see it in the first pic. Someone put some spent fireworks which evidently still had an ember in them and it just grew and eventually became a literal dumpster fire that destroyed the car port and cars.

14 Likes

The stupidity of people with fireworks is mind boggling. Those things are supposed to be literally drowned before tossing. And now a bunch of ppl have had their lives seriously disrupted, if the damages don’t end in their financial ruin

13 Likes

This is so effing aggravating.

13 Likes

Update on the story - he quit:

14 Likes

Dick Wolf Genius GIF by Wolf Entertainment

10 Likes
11 Likes

This is the opposite of “Fuck Today”, but I wanted to tell someone and why not strangers on the internet.

My GF was previously in an abusive relationship. Last night she found out her abuser had died. I have never seen her so happy and exuding a sense of relief. I can only hope this helps her heal further from her horrible experiences.

22 Likes

As Clarence Darrow said:
“I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.”

11 Likes
11 Likes

We have a good stuff thread too that you can post this on, too. Just do a search for good stuff and it should come up.

I’m happy for her. May her former abuser rot in hell. This is just for him:

sassy bird GIF

burn in hell shit bag.

14 Likes

Every last morsel of this is awful. All of it.

13 Likes

sad workaholics GIF

9 Likes
13 Likes

8 Likes
12 Likes