'Fuck Trump' projected on a building in California's 'Mayberry by the Bay'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/05/fuck-trump-projected-on-a.html

6 Likes

I’m sure this a generational thing, but I’m against public vulgarity like this. A civil society should have boundaries, but ours are eroding. Whether it’s walking around with “Fuck” on a t-shirt or projected several stories tall on a building, it’s not cool.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s generational. We’re just made as fucking hell, and we’re not going to take it anymore.

5 Likes

Yes. This. (By the way - you have a typo, “made” should be “mad”).

1 Like

I don’t fall back on profanity myself and find it lazy and unpleasant, so to a certain point I agree. That said, until we have a society that doesn’t brush off a presidential candidate who’s the embodiment of vulgarity (short-fingered variety) and who brags about “grabbing her by the pussy” it’s a losing battle and I’m going to shift my priorities about effective protest to more practical matters.

13 Likes

Fuck this phone. Thinks it knows better than me.

6 Likes

I disagree. I myself, at least, don’t swear out of laziness. I swear to express emotions. Usually unpleasant ones.

7 Likes

I’m talking about my personal fucking preferences regarding profanity, goddamit. It’s a free country so I don’t give a flying shit about yours.

12 Likes

Eww. No thanks, I’d rather not fuck Trump. He’s definitely not my type.

4 Likes

Wow, Alameda made the news, like that’s something people.

7 Likes

I generally sympathize. But sometimes, when someone so severely degrades the office; respecting the office requires bluntly denigrating the man.

I’ll live to clutch my pearls another day.

3 Likes

The “but he did it first” kindergarten defence. Got it.

It’s just basic cultural competency - you have to use the language he understands. Or you could just ignore him.

6 Likes

Hey neighbor! I live around the corner from the Tiki bar. Nice to see us in the news for something not totally embarrassing, like the AFD letting Raymond Zack drown.

1 Like

I lived in Alameda for a short time when I first moved back to the Bay Area; it’s not a bad area at all.

Good on the guy that did this.

4 Likes

Where is Alameda?

4 Likes

I have to ask about this part: “Resistance SF Facebook page. In the closed groups, there is quite a heated debate. Most seem for the bold projections, though some worry “about the children.” Others are clearly pro-Trump and completely opposed to the messaging.”

What in the hell are pro-trumpists doing as members of a "closed Resistance Facebook page? Why aren’t they out slavering over Dear Leader’s Twitter feed?

Well, then don’t look at it.

3 Likes

Hey neighbor, I used to live right near Forbidden Island… but when it was Lincoln’s Address :slight_smile:

1 Like