GA Senate Run-off races round up

It’s so very hard to tell if throwing money at this stuff works.

I have (so far?) concluded that it’s best to donate directly to the campaign and donate to the “get out the vote” groups that work ceaselessly throughout the year to mobilize voters – so you have all the bases covered. I mean, hell, at this point Stacey Abrams should be canonized.

17 Likes

He could put that next to his “first President to lose the popular vote twice” award.

11 Likes

And how many times has he lost Ga so far? I’ve lost count.

8 Likes

Four times, at least?

8 Likes

12 Likes

I know it would be nice to have even more Senate seats but just think of how satisfying it is going to be every time Kamala Harris comes back to cast that tie-breaking vote.

10 Likes

Thank You Stacey

And to everyone in GA who put in the hard work to overcome voter suppression, thank you so very much.

21 Likes

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

I cannot believe it.

I mean, wow

Omg, this changes everything. Seeing Mitch mcyirtle on the bench? Oh please that’s delish.

8 Likes

Congratulations and Thank You from a Canadian.

9 Likes

Still needs 2/3 majority. And Harris is not VP until 1/21. so no.
(For removal, that is)

8 Likes

At the rate he is going, he could still do something before he is out of office that would garner a 2/3 majority in the senate.

4 Likes
18 Likes

Great news to wake up to!

I imagine poor little Donnie is frothing at the mouth today and yelling at everyone. Even Roger Stone. Ha! Nice images.

I wonder if this will moderate some of the Congress Critters in their nonsense when the vote comes later today on the electoral college results? Now you know what your future is - and if you want any power going forward- what you do that will determine that. And perhaps put you up for sedition charges in the Congress- that may refuse to seat you.

And Mitch loses the Senate Majority Leader position- and their may be rules changes in the Senate- like there was in the House.

Time to retire back to Kentucky, Mitch.

9 Likes

Actually, this was a thought yesterday after the assholery in the PA senate. Could the repubs refuse to seat Ossoff? No clue what the law is around this. Seems like a Repub kinda move to make.

4 Likes

Ah, right- in my excitement last night (I keep wanting to call it a miracle but of course it isn’t, it’s the result of years of work by Stacey Abrams and other Democratic activists) I forgot about the 2/3 requirement.

I wonder if there are a few rational republicans who will see these losses as the rebuke of Trumpism that they absolutely are? Ben Sasse and Mittens are working to drag the GOP back out of the banana grove, maybe they’d like to reaffirm their support for the rule of law? Or Susan Collins- maybe she’d like to do some test-corrections for partial credit?

2 Likes
21 Likes
14 Likes

Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

11 Likes

Good point:

16 Likes

9 Likes