Gamblers won $276,424 for betting that Trump would lie during Oval Office address

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/09/gamblers-won-276424-for-bett.html

8 Likes

Who would put odds on a guaranteed outcome?

43 Likes

I was thinking who the fuck would bet against trump lying.

Like, in general, the truth is somehow slipperier than a greased pig to him.

27 Likes

Is there a site where I can place bets that Trump will make a bunch of childish insults on Twitter? I’m trying to get together enough money to put a down payment on a home.

43 Likes

Wait…can we make the wall out of candy?

7 Likes

I am amazed that it was not 100% winners. Who the hell would bet against in a bet like that?

28 Likes

That was the one where he implied that all murders were committed solely by undocumented immigrants and that every undoc was part of a conspiracy to murder and replace American residents, yeh? What universe is that occuring in?

5 Likes

Lots of idiots out there.

5 Likes

Now THAT is trickle down economics in action!

5 Likes

21 Likes

I’m a bit surprised they took bets on that. Couldn’t he have “thrown the game” by telling the truth?
I’m just kidding, that’s not something he could do.

12 Likes

Am I the only one who noticed that El Cheato did not end his speech with the de rigueur: “And God bless America” ?

Makes no never mind to me but I thought perhaps some of the more fervently shrill religious elements in the country might have picked up on that. Hmmm.

8 Likes

Naah. But if Obama had omitted that statement it would have been proof-positive that he was installing a caliphate in the US.

23 Likes

The really bold gamble is betting that Trump would tell the truth in a way that doesn’t distort reality.

3 Likes

Lost leader?

4 Likes

Who in the name of Beebo would take that kind of action? Its like betting the sun will rise tomorrow.

9 Likes

The same people who place bets for the Washington Generals.

6 Likes

That’s a safe bet.

Beebo loves you.

7 Likes

The generals won once.

3 Likes

Gingerbread works too.

4 Likes