Gamblers won $276,424 for betting that Trump would lie during Oval Office address

Wish I’d known about this ahead of time. I’m not a betting man, but this wasn’t a gamble; it was free money.

4 Likes

The instant he opened his mouth – and without he saying a single word – I would have yelled, :LIE!!! Pay up!!!"

1 Like

Why would any betting business take any bets that Trump wouldn’t lie? He lies like normal people breathe. And in an existential way, so much about him is a false and made up by him that he is a lie personified.
I mean, sure, as long as he’s alive there’s the possibility that, I dunno, he could go five minutes without lying. But the odds of honesty from him are so astronomical that they’re in another universe entirely. Not even a parallel universe but a vertical or diagonal one.

3 Likes

That’s a more interesting bet than it originally sounds like. The question is not “will Trump lie” but rather can he cram 4 or more lies into 8 minutes, where all those lies are significant & distinct enough that WaPo feels the need to call them out separately

Which, I mean, I’m not shocked by this outcome, but it’s not the slam dunk that you might think from the headline

4 Likes

That same site predicts that:

The shutdown will continue through 1/18.

Democrats win in 2020.

Bahahah! You’re funny! :joy:

I didn’t place a bet, but I would have won some cash. I thought the logical over/under would be 8 in an eight minute speech.

laughing%202

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.