General Sportsball thread

2 Likes

A pity.

Isn’t that one of those things you don’t want to win? In the Premiere league this year Nuno Espírito Santo won it with the Spurs and then lost so many games he was sacked, and Arteta won it for March and Arsenal immediately went on a losing streak, losing every game in so far April.

Carbon neutral club promoted

1 Like
6 Likes
4 Likes

Ugh… fuck…

Getting Loose Warm Up GIF by American Family Insurance

Also… ugh…

sad josef martinez GIF by Atlanta United

2 Likes

Rugby Union

7 brothers and dad play together for first and last time (all in the pack)

2 Likes

Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

they are not having a good season.

A think piece on them not having a good season…

3 Likes
4 Likes

As a CF Montreal fan…woohoo! :slight_smile:

As a Club de Hockey Canadiens de Montreal fan…I can empathize. :frowning:

2 Likes

To paraphrase Frank Goosen (from his just-a-regular-fan days):
The true fan wants to suffer, and my club gives people what they crave.

2 Likes
4 Likes

“We played like never before, we lost like always.”

3 Likes

In 1976, playing FC Bayern München, the VfL somehow managed to lead 4:0 in the second half - and lose the game 5:6. The fans are still traumatized by this. There is no such thing as “safely being in the lead” for a Bochum fan. As evidenced by the 3:4 loss against KAS Eupen after a 3:0 lead in 2016.

3 Likes
1 Like

Happy St Jimmy’s Day!

Now, back to 2022. That’s Carlisle United season over. 20th place and Carlisle’s least goals scored in a season ever is not good, but considering the state we were in two months ago I’ll happily take it. Barrow survived too, so there will be another Cumbrian derby next season.

League Two knows how to finish a season though. At the start of Saturday, Bristol Rovers were five goals behind Northampton Town. If Northampton won (which looked likely) then Bristol Rovers chances of promotion seemed close to non existent. At half time Northampton were winning 3-0.and Bristol Rovers were winning 2-0

Then everything went crazy.

It’s like a few years back, when Portsmouth were champions after only being top of the table for something like the last five minutes of the season. You can keep the Premier League, we have all the excitement we need in League Two.

Not all of Carlisle did badly this season though.

And just across the border, Annan Athletic are in the playoff finals for a place in Scottish League One

Finally, I would like to say a big FUCK YOU! to the Carlisle “fans” who interrupted the minute silence for the Bradford City fire victims.

3 Likes

Why would people do that?

Billie Eilish Wtf GIF by Global Citizen

Meanwhile… Here in ATL…

Another injury…

3 Likes

Florida fucked up the catering for billionaire F1 sponsors.

4 Likes

And now things are getting confusing at Carlisle United.

Now I really will need to double check which Greg Abbott is which whenever I see a news story in my feeds.

6 Likes

Ooof yeah, that Miles Robinson injury is bad.

This likely means he’s out of the World Cup too.

1 Like