General Sportsball thread

Sometimes sportsball coaches provide the leadership needed. Maith an fearr Steve. Well done.

This was on the national news here last night thousands of miles away from the murders.

9 Likes

Canada comes back with two goals in the final minute and a half to tie the game and scores in overtime to advance to the semi-finals at the World Hockey Championships. Woohoo!

2 Likes

Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

3 Likes

Cangrats to Finland on defeating Canada 4-3 in overtime to win the gold medal at the IIHF World Hockey Championship.

Bastards. :slight_smile:

See you next year,

4 Likes

Some pics from last night:

8 Likes

Great stuff. Looks like everyone was enjoying themselves, I imagine you have a country full of sore heads this morning. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Probably. The only annoing thing they did was they climbed on Manta there was fence around it but that didn’t hold.

5 Likes

Articles on the 50th anniversary of Roma 2- 3 Carlisle United

What I hadn’t realised was that this was the first time that Roma had been beaten at home by any non-Italian team in a competitive match.

6 Likes
4 Likes

The Welsh supporters don’t seem to have the same Ukraine fondness as the Scots. May just be my impression though.

(Why are the Welsh supporters singing Joy Division?)

3 Likes

Dan James

“James, James will tear you apart again”

3 Likes
6 Likes

He is now ahead of Ferenc PuskĂĄs in the all time international goal scoring tables, although PuskĂĄs scored his 84 goals in just 85 games. Cristiano Ronaldo is well ahead in first place with 117 goals.

7 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

Carlisle United have just made a big new signing.

At 206cm tall TomĂĄĆĄ HolĂœ may be the third tallest professional goalkeeper in the world.

4 Likes

Man beats horse

4 Likes

I love the story about West Auckland FC.

To be fair about the Northern League, the Football League only had two divisions before 1921 and teams from the Northern and Southern Leagues could apply to join the EFL at the end of each season. West Auckland would have been comparable to the current Ipswich Town or Sunderland.

3 Likes

Today, Apple and Major League Soccer (MLS) announced that the Apple TV app will offer streaming video of every MLS match for the next 10 years

3 Likes

https://www.theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,362001,00.html

3 Likes