General Sportsball thread

Oops, my apologies!

3 Likes

Sunglasses Hiding GIF by Soul Train

3 Likes

Crossposting - an article about the NFL by a former cheerleaderā€¦

3 Likes

Thoughts about the Super Bowl and Black coaches from the BLM thread:

Personally, Iā€™m still boycotting the NFL. Hopefully, I can still watch Netflix if the Internet doesnā€™t slow to a crawl this eveningā€¦ :crossed_fingers:t4:

4 Likes

Same here.

No appeal at all for me in watching people inflict life-long damage on each other.

4 Likes

Confused Wait What GIF

5 Likes

We are watching the halftime show, and my wife just realized these guys are all the same age she is. Her response? ā€œDamn, do i look that old?ā€ No, honey, you do not.

8 Likes

Excellent answer.

5 Likes

It is a fantastic new stadium, and was purpose-built for handling both real football and American football. (The grass football pitch is retractable(!), revealing an astroturf surface suitable for pigskinning.) In theory they can play two matches, one of each type, in the same day.

Too bad the team that normally plays there (the team I follow) is such rubbish.

I must confess to checking out the ā€œtop commercialsā€ lists, though. :wink: My faves this year:

Forget the car, I want the dog!
:heart_eyes:

Hopefully, Iā€™ll never go though this process againā€¦ :grimacing:

Is #TeamEarth trending now? :people_holding_hands:t4: :earth_americas: The Twitter-averse want to knowā€¦

Finally, never listen to Larry (except when it concerns crypto)! :rofl:

4 Likes

There was a Carlisle United player who played American Football after he retired from association football, back when the NFL was trying to launch a European league

He played for Spurs too, so there is that connection too.

5 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

Next level sarcasm, this.

5 Likes

It appears that this medal ceremony might be called off

4 Likes
4 Likes

This makes me wonder if there were ever cards for the women:
https://tht.fangraphs.com/tht-annual-2018/the-negro-leagues-last-hope-three-brave-women/

4 Likes

Related:

6 Likes
4 Likes
8 Likes