General Sportsball thread

8 Likes

A lot of upset folks in western NY today

2 Likes

I have no idea what that means?

1 Like

St Pauli are guaranteed to finish in at least the promotion play off place

SV Hamburg can’t finish ahead of them now, I don’t think that ever happened since the Bundesliga started.

4 Likes

Holy Moly Batman.

5 Likes

That’s nuts!

star trek wow GIF

5 Likes

And that was just yesterday, a Thursday. Attendance can only go higher today and tomorrow!

6 Likes

If it wasn’t for covid and this crazy weather I’d pull out the motorcycle and see how close we could get and get some pictures but that’s still way too many people to navigate around.

If you’re a famous Detroit hometown classic rocker and know Barry Sanders you can avoid the crowd.

4 Likes

The weather looks interesting tomorrow, I’m gonna sleep on it and think about taking a ride but I can only imagine the traffic on all the in coming freeways.

Even knowing the back way in it still can’t be fun getting there.

Belle Isle and bike ride in wouldn’t be bad if the weather were nice.

But there’s also the bathroom problem so it’s probably a no go.

I wish his would make the national news.

3 Likes

Right? You know it won’t. :pensive:

Rain is supposed to clear out for until Sunday at around 11 for us, probably by noon downtown. It should be a decent afternoon to bike Belle Isle. :smiley:

3 Likes

Someone I know met the Chargers first draft pick earlier today:

He also met his parents and he said they reminded him of Marshall’s parents from HIMYM except the mom wasn’t as tall as Susie Plakson.

3 Likes

He’s 6’9" . With a name like “Alt” he should be tall.

5 Likes

Or old. :wink:

3 Likes

NatĂźrlich

4 Likes

Or a sub.

3 Likes

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-statement-pyramid-play-off-tie/

The Scottish FA regrets to announce that Buckie Thistle FC will not be eligible to participate in the Pyramid Play-Off tie between the champions of the Scottish Highland and Lowland Football Leagues this weekend.

Under Pyramid Play-Off Rules, it is a prerequisite for participants to comply with SPFL Membership Criteria, specifically in this instance a Bronze-level club licence award from the Scottish FA.

Buckie Thistle does not comply with this criterion following its failure to obtain an award by the Licensing Committee yesterday.

This doesn’t look like the Gateshead situation, it’s more that Buckie Thistle are one of the teams that don’t want to deal with the hassle of travelling from the North of Scotland every other week. All but two of the teams in the Highland League (Banks o’ Dee and Brechin City) are North of Aberdeen.

Second placed Brechin City also do not have a Bronze-level club licence, even though they were a league team just two years ago. This means that East Kilbride get a bye to the play off final against the bottom SFL team and Gretna 2008 get a reprieve from a potential relegation.

This is a problem that will only get worse. Lowland League teams have a huge advantage because all Scotland’s motorways are in their region, and the other roads are also better. Maybe promotion to the league isn’t the incentive to Highland teams that it is to Lowland teams.

4 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Japanese drink company took out a full page ad in the Washington Post today to send a valentine to Shohei Ohtani.

3 Likes