Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Since the video of the USA Freedom kids singing “Freedom’s Call”—a rewritten version of George M. Cohan’s WWI propaganda song “Over There”—went viral, the group has been referred to as everything from Hitler Youth to, in the words of this author, “a nightmare collection of human cartoons.”

3 Likes

Interesting article, this.

Well I don’t really trust her either… well I trust her not to make this country a complete disaster unlike the other side but that is about it.

This is disingenuous shite:

1 Like

And here’s some more idiocy.

She can pander to Republicans as much as she likes, they still hate her.

This sort of thing is why Corbyn won the Labour Party leadership.

1 Like

I can tell that it’s more that just dislike because I feel compelled to expound.

Speaking of, I think it’s time for some pre-voting punditry. Punditry and pedantry, if you will.

Old Donnie ain’t gonna win the nomination, because everyone knows he’s going to get mauled in the election. And if the Republican Party is so incompetent they can’t prevent Trump from gaming the nomination, then he will get mauled. He’s got HUUUGE negatives. Against a Dem, his percentage of the Women voters, African-American Voters, Latino voters will be paltry. There’s none who would describe themselves as progressive who would cross the aisle for him.

There’s no way Trump gets ushered into office by a blue collar wave. He’s got no cred among owners of guns and/or family values. If the heartland didn’t go for America’s Mayor, Rudi Giuliani, ain’t no way they will go for a mobbed-up fast-talking NY businessman with a legacy of fraud and bankruptcy.

The only bet Trump is placing is on fear of terrorism. His xenophobic horribleness thus far does cement his position as the absolute hardliner on foreign threats. Heaven forbid that USA suffers a major terrorist attack before the election, because that’s the only thing that would put him in office.

6 Likes

And not banned from the UK (shock!). Although not exactly overwhelmingly popular, either.

1 Like

You’re ready for a pundit closeup. :smiley_cat: Nate Silver has just reviewed a gob of evidence and reaches the same conclusion.

2 Likes

Heh. I’m going to have to find out what beer Nate has been drinking lately.

2 Likes

Maybe a revolutionary stout given his Bernie boosting:

“…We’ve got an unpopular set of presidential candidates this year– Bernie Sanders is the only candidate in either party with a net-positive favorability rating — but Trump is the most unpopular of all…”

2 Likes

Entertaining rumours of a potential Palin endorsement of Trump.

EDIT: CONFIRMED

2 Likes

Well, this is gross.

3 Likes

I don’t even… how/why did the guardians of the trip allow it in the first place? If was a parent of one of those kids I would be wanting blood.

2 Likes

More than gross: illegal. She did not have signed permission to do anything with those young children, let alone put them on national TV. (Notice how I’m avoiding mentioning the repulsiveness of using children in an anti-choice political rally at all?)

The article makes it sound like at least one family is not being quiet about it. Hopefully she will be charged with something, or at least have to pay out to avoid a civil suit.

5 Likes

is it really an ambush, though? seems more like she held them hostage.

4 Likes

Friday evening before the first caucus. Why would there be anything newsworthy…

1 Like

Lot of sniping and infighting in there. The decline of Western Civilization?

6 Likes

No, just Late Stage Capitalism.

6 Likes

Are we all excited for the caucus?

Any Iowan Boingers?

2 Likes

Also, bye Huckabee! Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

8 Likes