Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

I wouldn’t vote for a known rapist who is frightened of menstruation, but that’s just my female opinion. Which I gather holds little water in The Donald’s world.

I pray to FSM that this woman is suffering Stockholm Syndrome and isn’t registered to vote:

6 Likes
4 Likes

OK, so far Ted Cruz:

• Questioned Obama’s eligibility for the Presidency by (falsely) insinuating Obama was born abroad, even though Cruz himself was born abroad
  • Used “Harvard Lawyer” as an insult even though he himself studied law at Harvard
  • Dissed “New York Values” and used “pro-gay” as a negative even though he accepted large donations from many New Yorkers, including a wealthy gay couple

I get that you’re supposed to throw every attack you can think of at your political rivals these days, but doesn’t the guy have any self-awareness? It’s as if Fiorina started saying how important it is to beat Hillary because you can’t trust a woman in the White House.

9 Likes

RE: New York values, also worth noting that his wife works for Goldman Sachs.

Did the subject of the loan from them that helped fund his Senatorial run which he forgot to declare come up?

8 Likes

It did. Paperwork mixup apparently. And didja know Trump’s mom was born in Scotland?

Stand up tall for freedom:

4 Likes

Yikes! A song? I dunno. OTOH, how can the Cruz campaign respond? Stream a marathon of their candidate’s best non-filibuster, filibusters?

1 Like

I have an imagine of Trump proudly doing the choreography himself. That’s the only explanation I can come up with.

3 Likes

I hesitate to call that choreography. :wink:

2 Likes

Precisely!

1 Like

Since the video of the USA Freedom kids singing “Freedom’s Call”—a rewritten version of George M. Cohan’s WWI propaganda song “Over There”—went viral, the group has been referred to as everything from Hitler Youth to, in the words of this author, “a nightmare collection of human cartoons.”

3 Likes

Interesting article, this.

Well I don’t really trust her either… well I trust her not to make this country a complete disaster unlike the other side but that is about it.

This is disingenuous shite:

1 Like

And here’s some more idiocy.

She can pander to Republicans as much as she likes, they still hate her.

This sort of thing is why Corbyn won the Labour Party leadership.

1 Like

I can tell that it’s more that just dislike because I feel compelled to expound.

Speaking of, I think it’s time for some pre-voting punditry. Punditry and pedantry, if you will.

Old Donnie ain’t gonna win the nomination, because everyone knows he’s going to get mauled in the election. And if the Republican Party is so incompetent they can’t prevent Trump from gaming the nomination, then he will get mauled. He’s got HUUUGE negatives. Against a Dem, his percentage of the Women voters, African-American Voters, Latino voters will be paltry. There’s none who would describe themselves as progressive who would cross the aisle for him.

There’s no way Trump gets ushered into office by a blue collar wave. He’s got no cred among owners of guns and/or family values. If the heartland didn’t go for America’s Mayor, Rudi Giuliani, ain’t no way they will go for a mobbed-up fast-talking NY businessman with a legacy of fraud and bankruptcy.

The only bet Trump is placing is on fear of terrorism. His xenophobic horribleness thus far does cement his position as the absolute hardliner on foreign threats. Heaven forbid that USA suffers a major terrorist attack before the election, because that’s the only thing that would put him in office.

6 Likes

And not banned from the UK (shock!). Although not exactly overwhelmingly popular, either.

1 Like

You’re ready for a pundit closeup. :smiley_cat: Nate Silver has just reviewed a gob of evidence and reaches the same conclusion.

2 Likes

Heh. I’m going to have to find out what beer Nate has been drinking lately.

2 Likes

Maybe a revolutionary stout given his Bernie boosting:

“…We’ve got an unpopular set of presidential candidates this year– Bernie Sanders is the only candidate in either party with a net-positive favorability rating — but Trump is the most unpopular of all…”

2 Likes