Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Maybe he can run for Prez one day, and then you can complete the slide into oblivion by having Charles in Charge.

2 Likes
3 Likes

But then, she hasn’t really left? Didn’t Clinton just put her at the center of her campaign efforts?

5 Likes

Yeah, she made her an honorary chair of her campaign’s 50-state program (please ignore loud popping sound of my head exploding). This was where she belonged in Feb., rather than in the DNC, but not at all where she belongs now.

6 Likes

My question is this. When they are swearing in Führer…um I mean President Trump, will all of the people who said they wouldn’t vote for Hillary be shocked that he won and saying that their write in vote for Bernie should have counted or will they be saying “I should have voted for her just to stop him?”

Because based on what I am seeing in social media, this country will have 4 years of Trump and good bye USA.

3 Likes

honorary chair has no actual power.

2 Likes

I surprised anyone in Texas even notices the rest of the USA.

Apparently there’s a class-action brewing against the DNC for allegedly rigging the nomination: http://usuncut.com/resistance/bernie-sanders-supporters-are-suing-dnc (haven’t heard of the news source before so I don’t know how accurate it is)

2 Likes

Are the Gaslight films still regarded well, or are they just problematic (and not in an interesting way)

It would be super awesome if this case makes it all the way to Donald Trump’s supreme court.

2 Likes

Regardless, it’s the optics that are absolutely hideous. Not a great time to be alienating the part of the base that are already pissed by rewarding one of the most loathed members of the DNC.

3 Likes

The Texas Observer is probably the most progressive paper in the state. They’re based in The People’s Republic of Austin, so they’re not real Texans.

5 Likes

Ah like West Berlin during the Cold War!

1 Like

honorary chair has no actual official power.

DWS has done the job she was sent to do; now she’s returned to base.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard anything about the movie not aging well…but why do you say Gaslight filmS? Was there more than one?

The 1944 remake is the better known film.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Yeah, guess which one I was thinking of? :wink:

4 Likes

She probably has to. Tim Canova’s still doing a good job of running for her seat.

1 Like

I know I sound exactly like some anti-Obama malcontents when I say this, but: I refuse to refer to this man with an honorary. Not even ‘Mr.’. However, I also don’t want to follow in the footsteps of said malcontents who refused to address Obama as ‘President’.

‘Our Caudillo’ slides off the tongue pretty nicely, and without invoking Godwin’s Law.

I hope I never have to use it.

4 Likes

Here are the two party platforms, for contrast:
[Republican Party Official Platform, 2016] (https://prod-static-ngop-pbl.s3.amazonaws.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL[1]-ben_1468872234.pdf)
[Democratic Party Official Platform, 2016] (https://www.demconvention.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Democratic-Party-Platform-7.21.16-no-lines.pdf)

Just from the preambles, the biggest two differences I see are:

1. Republicans believe that the rights granted by God and the Constitution are immutable and should not be tampered with, while Democrats believe that things should be changed as needed to make things better. So, the difference between conservativism and progressivism.
  2. Republicans believe that freedom is the highest ideal to strive for, and that you can’t fix problems by regulating them away, while Democrats believe that regulation is needed to combat inequality and corruption. So, the difference between free-market capitalism and social democracy.

I’m sure that there are lost more interesting contrasts that would be noticed by a keen eye comparing the two side-by-side, but I’m not going through each line-by-line to find all of the interesting tidbits.

8 Likes