Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

I could still get better odds on a revolver. Hopefully we can get that down to a critical fail on a d20 saving roll. Then we can ask why our lives were ever allowed to get that close to being ruined.

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Itā€™s like watching a table tennis match:

6 Likes

Long ago Atrios pointed out something that I think helps explain the popularity of Trump. The modern Republican base is more motivated more by pissing off liberals than any other thing. Backing Trump is a clear example of neither understanding nor caring about policy, ideals, principles, common sense, or really most anything. I think much can be explained by seeing that they love the guy for saying things that will be found horrible to the tribe of liberals they are at war with.

6 Likes

Holy Toledo!

7 Likes

That one was bad enough that Trump actually offered a (non)-apology:

Also, please donā€™t vote for Bill Clinton.

10 Likes
6 Likes

Found this via PZ Myers; the Redcaps are so desperate to create ā€œvoter inflationā€ conspiracy theories that theyā€™re literally making them up out of whole cloth (and piss-poor use of the Clone 'shop tool).

10 Likes

Totally shopped. Hereā€™s the original they modified.

12 Likes

Trumpā€™s campaign manager can sometimes deliver on so many levels of Schadenfreude at the same time:

2 Likes

If anyone ever deserved to actually DIAF itā€™s her & Omarosa, seriously.

1 Like

I would not shed a tear were she to DIAF, though preferably after Nov. 8, since sheā€™s been a mind-bogglingly incompetent Trump Campaign spox.

3 Likes

Oh, I agree.

They both need to live just long enough for me to see their faces crack when dude loses.

3 Likes

There are certain Twitter accounts that I really look forward to visiting Nov. 9, assuming they donā€™t delete them.

7 Likes

I avoid ā€˜the Twitters,ā€™ unless someone reposts an interesting entry.

Iā€™m too damn verbose to ever even try to limit myself to a mere 140 characters.

6 Likes

Trump deserves to wake up one day and realize how awful a human being heā€™s been.

8 Likes

I could not agree more.

He needs a bitchslap from reality, in the worst way.

8 Likes

I believe strongly in penance and redemption. Maybe this moral sensibility is a relic of my Christian upbringing (Iā€™ve not been Christian since age 16) but it still feels right. I feel we risk corroding ourselves by saying that people like Trump deserve punishment.

Iā€™ve said recently on BB that I donā€™t have sympathy for Trump and I still feel that way about the person he is now. Were he to wake to up one day and experience this realization I described aboveā€”finding himself in a puddle of tears and moral regret over his decades of transgressionsā€”then we now have a person who is looking for redemption and forgiveness. We (as in society) have a moral responsibility to help that person on their way towards that.

6 Likes

Iā€™ll take that risk; I think heā€™s truly a horrible excuse for a human being, and an example of the worst sort of avarice, greed and absolute corruption.

Forgiveness in not my strong suit, and it never has been.

I cannot begin to fathom what someone like him would have to do in order to be ā€œredeemedā€ in my eyes.

4 Likes