Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

6 Likes

“We need to get past these implications of racial bias.” – Mike Pence

That’s awfully convenient of you.

7 Likes

I laughed pretty hard when that started filling up my Twitter feed. Everybody is on that story and it is glorious :laughing:

7 Likes

I just made a Wrath topic for those of us watching the debates, if anyone’s interested.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/783446694981668865

4 Likes

That’s the Senate only, though. It’s the House that really needs to be un-gerrymandered.

4 Likes

Sadly that will probably take as long to undo as to took to create. Though there have been some court rulings lately that give me hope.

3 Likes

Is it my imagination, or is Indiana tinted a slightly less strong red than the solid red states when it comes to voting for the President/Vice President?

Considering the fact that the Republican VP candidate is a Hoosier, and virtually 100% of the state (outside of Indianapolis) is solidly Republican, that’s rather telling.

2 Likes

He’s still 10% ahead of her. Pretty solidly Republican. More so than, say, Texas.

Why doesn’t Indiana look more like Illinois, Michigan or Ohio, politically? Does it have more in common with Kentucky?

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. It’s a very southern state in so many ways.

4 Likes

It does. It’s very rural, has few cities (and its cities are small), and the populace is deeply religious. It’s also very, very white.

4 Likes

So much this. My grandfather after finally retiring from the military moved back his hometown there. He eventually had to greet the representatives of the local “boys club” (the Klan that is) at the door with a rifle and tell them next time he won’t be polite about it. This was in the mid 80’s and I doubt is has changed all that much since then.

3 Likes

Donald Trump, on the other hand, has no record of public service and no qualifications for public office. His affect is that of an infomercial huckster; he traffics in conspiracy theories and racist invective; he is appallingly sexist; he is erratic, secretive, and xenophobic; he expresses admiration for authoritarian rulers, and evinces authoritarian tendencies himself. He is easily goaded, a poor quality for someone seeking control of America’s nuclear arsenal. He is an enemy of fact-based discourse; he is ignorant of, and indifferent to, the Constitution; he appears not to read.

11 Likes

Stay classy, Fox News!

2 Likes
1 Like

That’s how it aired? on a – supposedly – news channel?

Is there any lower to go at this point?

2 Likes
1 Like

He can deflect all he wants after the fact…that was vile on every level.

7 Likes
4 Likes

I could still get better odds on a revolver. Hopefully we can get that down to a critical fail on a d20 saving roll. Then we can ask why our lives were ever allowed to get that close to being ruined.

3 Likes