Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Here’s hoping that piece of shit gets trounced and then thrown in prison.

17 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Fuck this asshole.

12 Likes

TLDW version: David Souter, talking four years ago, arguing that the greatest danger to the American Republic was the rise of a dictator, accepted by the majority of the electorate and the Congress, called for because major problems are going unsolved and the people can’t figure out who’s responsible.

Souter appears to be arguing that ignorance is to blame, but the argument would also apply to a situation in which corruption undermined democracy. Who is “responsible” when politicians are bought by hidden donors?

3 Likes
3 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

Apparently most Republicans believe that if Trump loses it will be a rigged election. So all this “rigged” talk has been pandering to his base, which is the entire Republican Party:

I think the Republican Party has come to an abrupt end.

8 Likes

The funny thing is that Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight speculates that while Trump’s talk of a rigged election may narrow his standing in national polls, it could have the unintended effect of reducing voter turnout among his supporters, subsequently not only increasing the likelihood of a Clinton presidency but also a Democratic Senate.

8 Likes

There’s a part of me, whenever reading stuff like this, that makes me want to take people by the shoulders and shake them: don’t give them any clues!!!

Of course people want to be on record after the fact as having gotten it right, but let’s not show the other team the playbook, huh?

2 Likes

I doubt hardcore Trumpets read FiveThirtyEight, so we’re OK. What I am concerned about is that articles like these may increase complacency among those who intend to vote for Clinton.

5 Likes

Weirdly, seeing quite a few Gary Johnson signs going up in Seattle. And some guys waving them over the I-5 just now. Still no Trump ones and very few Clinton (there were loads of Sanders ones before).

4 Likes

http://npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/10/23/498974733/a-history-of-election-cake-and-why-bakers-want-to-makeamericacakeagain

5 Likes

How come the early voting results (like in NC) are being reported now? Shouldn’t there be a hold on results until after polls close?

(yes, they aren’t formal results, but aren’t the results of exit polls normally held back?)

5 Likes

Now this is optimism:

3 Likes

In 14 days this will all be over.

4 Likes

Yet another example of REAL election fraud:

https://www.thenation.com/article/city-clerk-opposed-early-voting-site-at-uw-green-bay-because-students-lean-more-toward-the-democrats/

5 Likes

“No site may be designated that affords an advantage to any political party”. Seems like either she misinterpreted that statute, or that’s a stupid requirement that is basically impossible to meet.

6 Likes

“Real voters”? I’m not sure what they mean by that?

3 Likes

well you know old white guys or specifically republicans… or something…

3 Likes