Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Only for me, I guess – unless someone else types “Buttocks! Buttocks!”

Boy, they caught on to that one quick. I just get a blank h1 tag no matter what I put in there.

4 Likes

Alas, looks like they fixed it.

4 Likes

Results are starting to trickle in…

1 Like

So is this one the de-facto election evening thread?

4 Likes

No reason for it not to be…
Hey all think we can make 10000 posts on the election?

7 Likes

Can we or should we?

10 Likes

Well a vain attempt at it? Probably more fun that watching CNN anyway… :imp:

6 Likes

I was watching Fox in 2012. I quite enjoyed that. Alas, they don’t have Fox here.

I gotta go to sleep now. Some serious returns should be coming in by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.

11 Likes

You haven’t got the votes from the Belgian jury yet?

3 Likes

Well, judging by the folks who came into my office earlier today, it’s 100% for Clinton. Much of Europe is terrified that a President Trump will kill NATO.

8 Likes

538 thinks it’s increasingly likely the Republicans will keep the Senate. So, we’ll start off with a deadlock and no Supreme Court appointees, and go downhill from there.

6 Likes

Seeing that it certain that the Republicans will keep the Congress until Garrymandering is abolished, they will continue to rule the nation with an iron fist as they outright reject any form of propositions until they’re in complete control; then hand over said control to the plutocrats.

5 Likes

WELL FUCK, JUST FUCKING FUCKITY FUCK.

14 Likes

I do love it when CNN reports the vote when they have less than 1% of the count in.

Trump looks to be doing well in Florida, though. ¯\(ツ)

4 Likes

Well it have to happen sooner or later thanks to the hate speech spewed by the republicans.

6 Likes

Ya we drove by there soon after… Thought that there must be a big freeway accident because of all the news choppers, but we saw nothing 'cept lots of police cruisers heading for that area. Took a while to find any reports and I still don’t see much info.
(Not our usual drive – we had to go out to see my father-in-law in the hospital)

6 Likes

I thought that she was supposed to be pretty close? Is it just a factor of which precincts have reported?
Edit: just noticed your edit and went to look… Yay! (For now)

1 Like

He was up 50000 votes 5 mins ago. Then he was down 50000 votes. Now he’s back up again. Guess it’s going to be close.

Too early to blame Jill Stein?

4 Likes

I recall one of my responses to you a while back in which I described congressional voting in the U.S. as a sporting match. This graph pretty much visualizes that mentality.

7 Likes