Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

7 Likes

I hope it is a cold winter. I feel the need to start building an ice wall…

10 Likes

We’re well and truly fucked. Trump won’t just do nothing about global warming, but will undo every small agreement we’ve managed to make. But on the plus side, the war with Iran will distract from that for a while.

15 Likes

Think I need to get up for a moment.

20 Likes

And the war with China, and the war with Mexico… there will be plenty of Short Victorious Wars to prop up flagging approval ratings at home!

13 Likes
4 Likes

It’ll be a short war. You know, because nukes. It’s not like tactical nukes against a non-nuclear state that Russia likes won’t go unpunished.

10 Likes

And make Antarctica pay for it…?

5 Likes

Nope, it will be made from the tears of the american actors fleeing the Trump. /s

3 Likes

Are there any senators that might defect to the dems if needed?

3 Likes
11 Likes

For some reason, “nukes” seem to be factoring heavily in discourse these days. But when I ask people why they just kind of shift and mumble “Y’know… nukes.” I guess I am just not clear why they would especially be an issue now.

1 Like

ELF (Earth Liberation Front), I believe they are still active in the Pacific Northwest, or maybe we could restart the Weather underground?

3 Likes

Damn, this just reminds me how much I enjoyed Gunshow, and miss it now

1 Like

And my wife.

I’m a straight white male. I have privilege pouring out of my ears. And I am terrified of a Trump presidency. I can’t even imagine how minorities and other marginalized groups are feeling right now.

25 Likes

THIS! THIS! THIS!
Well at least I don’t have to go to work in the morning.

11 Likes

Anybody know of any resistance cells that actually accomplish something useful from time to time? Or at least have cool outfits?

5 Likes

Because one of the people running for president has said “why can’t we use nuclear weapons” (in the context of bombing people tactically.) Besides how disastrous it’d be if he actually did use them, there’s also the point that nobody should want someone that cavalier about using the most generally destructive weapons ever built to actually be in control of them.

That’s a terrible idea. A really fucking bad one. We need diplomacy as much as ever. We need to do things that are good for the planet and the people who live on it. It’s not like if we use nuclear weapons everyone’s gonna leave us alone for it. It’d be terrible for us economically, it’d be terrible environmentally, it’d be bad for humanity, and we’d lose some of our humanity for letting it happen.

13 Likes

Because the Der Trumper just sees a big stick to whack his enemies with, not a weapon of utter last resort. Or, as other people have put it, “If his own people couldn’t trust him with a Twitter account, how can we trust him with a weapon that can kill millions in an instant?”

13 Likes

I have to go to work in Idaho tomorrow morning. Fuck my life.

18 Likes