Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Instead of old-style revolutionary activity to push The State towards better goals and methods, I think people will be more successful implementing DIY governments instead. It will still be a fight, but it is constructive and gives people the moral high ground of disruption by building something rather than tearing down.

4 Likes

I sympathize. I have Muslim international clients that I know are going to be asking me questions tomorrow.

14 Likes

What the fuck, America? What have you done?

16 Likes

10 Likes

I do :cry:

10 Likes

I know, but there was already a lot of buzz about nukes over the past two years before he said that. I am still skeptical about to what extent the military (or anyone, for that matter) would take orders of this kind from Trump. But of course, I would rather not need to find out!

4 Likes

Very frequently when I see your posts in this general vein, this comes to my mind:

Your thoughts seem to go:
Step 1: The world is unequal, that’s bad so we should fix it!
Step 2: …
Step 3: Nirvana Utopia!

14 Likes

Well, glad I decided to only pursue careers in the private sector after OPM. Speaking of, I have a job interview tomorrow, and the liquor cabinet is empty. Good night all.

9 Likes

There’s plenty of paranoid unreasonable hateful people in military leadership. You know, the military? Those guys who helped Bush lie really hard to start, like, at least 3 wars? I don’t trust them. Not any more than tRump.

9 Likes

So, can we start a campaign for the Electoral College to go full-on Faithless Elector?

7 Likes

ColoradoCare has failed. Hold your head up @Cowicide, there is still more to fight for. :sob:

12 Likes

It is time to start coming to terms with the fact Trump will probably be president.

I can’t take this.

6 Likes

I assume Trump TV is coming anyway to complete the Berlusconi package.

5 Likes

Tiny speck of brightness - Joe Arpaio has apparently been defeated.

11 Likes

The NYT has no idea how election night works in Washington State.

The Republicans never win the state. They really shouldn’t use Lincoln and Spokane county as indicative of the state, seeing that Snohomish and King county have more population than the entire rest of the state combined by a wide margin.

Washington isn’t leaning red. They’ve just not counted like 90% of the votes, of which, likely 80% will have voted for Hillary.

6 Likes

Well thank fuck, now he’s free to run the border wall project.

9 Likes

Ok, how’s this for utopian?

1. An exploitive elite run things badly.
  2. Maybe I will go along with it, just because I am expected to.
  3. The end.

If one knows that what people are doing doesn’t work, and isn’t going to work, wouldn’t one be a fool to not try something else which seems more practical?

I think it’s dishonest and rather telling that people get personal with me and suggest that I should “be more explicit at step two” on a mofo forum discussion. Do you honestly think I should publish a manifesto or constitution in the middle of the discussion? It’s easy to criticise my unstated plans when all the critics have is hoping that somebody else will fix it.

1 Like

Hi! It looks like you still have some optimism left. May I help you?

13 Likes

Well I guess we’re going for bust tonight. Measure 97, a very very very very necessary corporate tax meant to fill a massive hole in the Oregon state budget has failed. Fuck. Goodbye public education in Oregon, it was nice while it lasted!

7 Likes

It’s not optimism. It’s disgust at bad math.

It’s simple historical fact. Republicans haven’t won WA for decades, but every single election they all handwave about the state looking awfully red guys, because 20,000 people east of the cascades got their votes counted an hour earlier than the 8 million democratic voters west of the cascades.

8 Likes