Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Recreational marijuana is legal in my state now. I’ve never been much of a pot smoker before but if ever there was a reason to take it up…

14 Likes

Markets around the world starting to dip.

There’s still time. Don’t fuck this up, America.

And one bright spot is that everyone’s favourite hedgehog currently has a commanding lead.

8 Likes

I think the NYT has a pretty good idea of how Washington State works…

3 Likes

That’s just because Snohomish County reported in. There was never any doubt about Washington turning blue. That’s what it always does. Let’s see how badly trump loses in King County.

6 Likes

The way American elections are covered, I always expect the winning candidate to get on the stage and sing their song once more.
Question: Is the order in which the results from the individual states are made available designed to make the coverage as thrilling as possible, as they do in the Eurovision Song Contest?

I watched some Death Note earlier this evening. If this goes on, I will try scribbling “ドナルド・トランプ” into a random notebook. Also, maybe I should give “The Man in the High Castle” another try?

Live coverage on Austrian TV: lots of very depressed looking people discussing the reasons and potential consequences of a Trump win. Not even the confirmed leftists among the journalists looked that depressed when our own right wing candidate Norbert Hofer won the first round of our presidential election in April (it’s still not decided, BTW - the postponed repeat of the second round of that election is scheduled for Dec 4).

3 Likes

10 Likes

FiveThirtyEight’s projection for POTUS has flipped:

13 Likes

Lord Commander Arpaio?

7 Likes

Well a sweep by the GOP seems imminent.

2 Likes

At least you’ll be able to call the cops on him now.

1 Like

How I feel right now…

12 Likes

Now might be a good time to request a script for mirtazapine from your GP or psychiatrist. Sleep, appetite, mood—it helps with all three.

I’m not joking. Look into it.

I’m gonna take mine right the hell now.

8 Likes

Oh christ, why is MSNBC talking to Giuliani?

ETA: he literally just said “This is like Andrew Jackson’s victory” like that was a good thing.

9 Likes

at first I was like:

as the night has worn on I’m getting quite:

I’m about Michigan and Wisconsin away from:

but I guess I can always.

For now I’m just gonna

before this makes me:

21 Likes

Klonopin and a snoot-full of Oban for me, I feel it hitting, until tomorrow friends.

8 Likes

Latest from 538: “Fact is, unless Clinton somehow wins in Arizona, Trump is going to be the next president.”

5 Likes

My mirtazapine can’t kick in soon enough.

12 Likes

I just want to congratulate @Chloe_Eudaly for winning a seat on the Portland City Council after coming into the race from his left as an outsider candidate against the incumbent, center right democrat Steve Novick. You were the best vote on my ballot.

You are Portlanders shining light in a sea of darkness.

12 Likes

Shut The Front Door

3 Likes

I don’t know how this is going to be okay.

10 Likes