Generic 2016 US Election Cycle Recycling Bin

Depending on how much credence you still give Nate Silver, he doubts there is any funny business (as do I, but I think close elections are always worth a second look)

2 Likes
3 Likes

Iā€™m still confused why counties donā€™t stick with paper ballots.

6 Likes

The biggest issues with electoral fraud were probably voter disenfranchisement through Voter ID, limiting polling places, etc., along with Crosscheck and other GOP voter roll purges. Both of those disenfranchised many (though who know how many). Whether there was other funny business is hard to know, but things were close and look funny with the large exit poll discrepancies in WI/FL/NC (and the odd overcounts for some counties). Exit poll oddities donā€™t inherently mean fraud but the overcounts that were discovered in two counties accounted for 7% of Trumpā€™s lead in WI. Since there were mistakes found, and also sophisticated state-level attackers targeting those voting systems it seems worth the extra scrutiny if only to put the rumors to rest.

5 Likes

They only just noticed his thin skin?

5 Likes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2016/11/22/texas-judge-issues-nationwide-injunction-against-obamas-overtime-rule/#1488d935747f

#MAGA!

6 Likes

Cynical people are noting that making Haley UN Ambassador also promotes Lt Gov. Henry McMaster (entirely coincidentally a big Trump supporter) to Gov.

4 Likes

Thoughts?

6 Likes
4 Likes

ā€œMake America a Russian Client State Againā€ doesnā€™t quite roll off the tongue.

3 Likes

DeVos is a not so subtle racist who cares more about Christianizing and segregating the schools than anything else. She funds people to cyber stalk, harass, and bully every single union leader and politician she can in Michigan and is a large part of the stateā€™s legislature grinding to an halt on education.

She openly calls for wages in Michigan to be slashed and all unions to be broken, and wants to cut taxes in much of the same way Trump does.

EDIT

Christ, iPhone, ā€œnotā€ is indeed a word.

11 Likes

But of course if Hillary or anyone else points this out the left claims Russiaā€™s involvement with the election is a boogie man and excuse for her own ineptitude. Iā€™m not really even sure how this gets so underplayed as some sort of Cold War fear mongering that HRC was inventing to start WWIII with Russia.

1 Like

Watching certain figures on the left carrying water for the fascist was the part of the election that gave me ulcers.

4 Likes

They probably should have deleted this oneā€¦

4 Likes

4 Likes
4 Likes

I remember in 2001 that sense of outrage overload where the Bush adminā€™s corruption, cronyism, incompetence, and general mean-spirited ugliness left everyone who was paying attention completely freaked out. Trumpā€™s managed to push things to outrage overload levels before heā€™s even in office.

9 Likes

I think heā€™s setting a baseline before he takes office.

5 Likes

Should I bother mentioning she is the heir to the Amway fortune?

10 Likes

More fucking pyramids!

9 Likes