Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin

I have no knowledge of Owen at all; my assessment of the situation was based purely on the point that the “joke” is prima facie tone-deaf and stupid. Him turning out to be a deluded centre-right Dem is unsurprising, though.

I am not the only one who sees it that way.

2 Likes
3 Likes

It’s the kind of boring political joke that is even too boring and too political for me.

2 Likes

So much ugh.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/maryemilyohara/status/832358266617335808

5 Likes
13 Likes

“Even men’s jobs”

Oh well then, when you put it that way…

7 Likes
2 Likes

“Now kiss it. Yes. Kiss the hat.”

9 Likes

Justice Democrats are gunning for Manchin right now. I signed the pledge and everything.

3 Likes

Him, Heitkamp and McCaskill are all going to be out of a job soon.

I don’t think Clinton-esque Democrats have a chance of winning Trump leaning states in 2018, but perhaps Sanders-style ones could?

4 Likes

https://thebaffler.com/blog/climate-collapse-penny

5 Likes

I wonder where she stands on the difference between “ideologically pure” and “not beholden to corporate donors.”

6 Likes
3 Likes

:grey_question:

What’s that tweet in reference to?

4 Likes
5 Likes

So now Milo’s claiming he was molested, or that he molested young boys?

Man, that dude is desperate for attention, any way he can get it.

SMFH

5 Likes

Videos emerged of several things:

• Milo defending being abused as a kid by a Catholic priest as having been a pretty good thing that taught him how to give great blowjobs
  • Milo bragging about partying with “very young boys”
  • Milo defending pederasty as something that should be legalized, saying that a 13 year old boy can learn a lot from an older man.
8 Likes

What will it take to get rid of this guy and make all his followers go back into their basements?

5 Likes

I’m going to be extremely curious to see the alt-right and Trump-fan reaction to this kerfuffle. Will they actually figure out a way to defend his words? Play it off as another “joke” (as Milo now claims it was, saying it’s like joking about AIDS)?

Note that Milo is choosing his words extremely carefully in his defense of these videos. Milo and his cronies love to use semantics as their shield. He repeatedly denounces “pedophilia” and rants extensively about how he’s disgusted by allegations that he promotes it, specifying,“I was not referring to pre-pubescent boys.”

He’s right: he was technically not discussing pedophilia (sex with pre-pubescent boys). He was advocating hebephilia (sex with pubescent boys 11-14) and ephebophilia (sex with pubescent boys 14-17). From everything he’s said in the videos, he’s an enthusiastic fan of both of those things.

9 Likes