Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin

For those not quite motivated to click, the “better way” is Instant Runoff.

4 Likes

“The behavior we are now seeing was always present but it was sort of subordinated to real estate interests” H. Clinton

F’ing sleazy real estate developer is running our country. It’s still just too hard to comprehend.

9 Likes

Apparently former NAACP President and CEO Ben Jealous is running for governor of Maryland?

7 Likes

Doesn’t sound like the usual “admits no wrongdoing” corporate settlement.

4 Likes
6 Likes

If you wait for the midterms, we’re all fucked. Democratic solutions are being rapidly neutered.

You need people in the street, for as long as it takes, en masse, now.

5 Likes

And local conservatives claim he made it all up, the outlandish story of “received emailed threats, and had a guy throw a soda at him at his house calling him a ‘liberal scumbag.’”

6 Likes

Happy Jon Ossoff Day

/me crosses fingers behind back

3 Likes

http://news.wabe.org/post/ossoff-handel-neck-and-neck-early-voting-results-roll

Neck in neck so far.

5 Likes

SC is closer than previously thought too.

3 Likes

10 Likes

It was virtually guaranteed, but still disappointing. And turnout was not high like people want to claim - it was OK Turnout was excellent***, but many non-Americans would consider it abysmal.

*for a special election
**when compared to other US elections in the district

6 Likes

It’s OK. I can take it.

/me falls to the ground writhing

2 Likes

plus the TGOP had to work to keep the bitch in power. And I’m pretty sure she is going to be watched and if she starts screwing people over (which shouldn’t take long), then there will be blowback.

3 Likes

I think it was high for an off-year, special election. Those numbers are usually way lower than other elections.

2 Likes

IIRC it was high in early voting and then average on election day.

1 Like

Sure, but overall, doesn’t that mean a higher turn out than usual?

2 Likes

I has heard wrong. Information is hard to find, but it was a record turnout for a special election. Turnout was between a presidential election volume and a congressional election.

1 Like

Maybe you’re confusing it with the SC race, which had much lower turn out, partly because it wasn’t so hyped as this one?

1 Like

From the NYT: "a possible omen, the first Democratic candidate to announce his campaign after the Georgia defeat immediately vowed not to support Ms. Pelosi for leader. Joe Cunningham, a South Carolina lawyer challenging Representative Mark Sanford, said Democrats needed “new leadership now.” I am inclined to think the same. Democrats have been playing softball for a longtime now. Pelosi needs to go. It’s a hardball world and she’s not up to it.

3 Likes