Gentleman in red MAGA cap disrupts flight

He claimed to be diabetic which could partially explain his behavior. I’ve known a couple of type-1s who get wildly irrational when having a diabetic episode.

7 Likes

Quite possible. But he’s still responsible for his behavior. Plenty of diabetics (and for that matter inebriated travelers) manage to not be raging assholes.

23 Likes

Oh I’m quite confident he was already an asshole. You don’t go into public willingly wearing a MAGA cap unless your intent is to broadcast your intolerance. Hypoglycemia can explain the slurred speech and belligerence though.

My ex-stepmother was type-1 and would go into hysterical rages when her sugar level got too low. A few times she actually needed to be restrained.

13 Likes

That’s the thing about “Ugly Americans”. They are SO visible.

10 Likes

If this had been a satirical parody/comedy movie, all the Asian passengers would have been members of a touring martial arts team and batted around the MAGA guy like a rag doll.

1 Like

I’m at a loss. How does an individual like this end up on an international flight? I mean what set of circumstances exist that would prompt an individual like this to leave the country? and then learn absolutely nothing about the experience or feel the least bit humble about their place in the grand scheme of things?

21 Likes

That isn’t real, is it?

2 Likes

Has anyone coined the term “MAGAts”?

8 Likes

Or MAGAsses?

7 Likes

That is one long walk back gaffer. Do they still have tramp steamers? It might take 6 months till you reach the west coast & can hope on Amtrak back to Newark. Great way to spend your retirement!!!

3 Likes

Who can tell anymore?

5 Likes

Proper punctuation, spelling and capitalization; multi-syllabic words; heck there’s even a compound sentence in there. Definitely a fake.

14 Likes

Diabetes Type-A(sshole)

1 Like

What a snowflake! Hope he found a safe space (like a padded room) where he could rant at the world…

3 Likes

this is why if I ever go to another country and someone asks where I’m from, I’m saying Canada.

4 Likes

sarcasm

OP says:
“According to the LA Times, the flight was bound for Newark, N.J., but the captain made an unscheduled stop in San Francisco to eject the man.”

I’ll give him that excuse only if he also bought the MAGA hat while having a hypoglycemic attack.

7 Likes

Making Americans Gripe Again.

2 Likes

Dude… don’t be a flag-jacker!

7 Likes

That’s a good strategy. You may want to prepare by boning up on Canadian hockey teams, maple syrup, and back bacon.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes