Gentleman picks a fight with an American Bison

2 Likes

I once had to stop for 45 minutes in the Northwest Territories because a herd of bison were sunning themselves in the road. Neither I, nor the two or three other cars that showed up during that time, even so much as honked at them, because, even inside a car, that would clearly have been a terrible idea.

6 Likes

Ahhhh, of course! They look so alike it’s easy to confuse the two. And tbh, it’s much more believable that Rev. Wayne Gary Wayne would do this than Don Draper.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Do not taunt Happy Fun Bison.

6 Likes

Don Draper wouldn’t do it, because he’s dead. But Dick Whitman might.

2 Likes

Never, never pick up a fight with Bison, unless you are Ryu…

3 Likes

I’ve approached cattle like this to get them off a public highway. The difference is in domestication. It’s still dangerous to do with cattle, but at least you’re not interfering with wildlife just trying to be wild. Kind of a weird distinction to make, though, now that I think of it…

3 Likes

Having met sheep, I can categorically say that I dislike them even more than goats. I ought not be amused by the idea of someone scaring sheep, but…

@Kevin_Slattery Not weird at all. Thousands of years of quite intentional selective breeding makes a HUGE difference, that simple. You’re absolutely correct; the difference is domestication.

I meant that the domestication makes it “OK” to mess with the animals. That’s the part that’s kinda messed up. Look, I just have some personal moral ambiguity around animal husbandry. On the farm, it feels totally natural and good and right. Sitting in my office in the city thinking about it, though, it seems strange that we’ve decided that it’s “OK” to hem in an animal for its entire life. I just need to go work some cattle this weekend.
Domestication makes it safer only insofar as it is less likely that the bull will turn and charge you. But they still can and do.

1 Like

“I fought the bison and the bison won.”

So the guy was trying to buffalo the bison?

1 Like

as any child knows, only Bison bison Bison bison bison bison Bison bison

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.