George Takei: "They interned my family. Don’t let them do it to Muslims."

Imagine I made a joke about dowsing rods but got depressed because this is real and the excuses have begun all over the United States and will not end because persons are shamelessly terrible.

4 Likes

Maybe they were just trying to cozy up to Trump. But that doesn’t make any sense! For the life of me, I can’t imagine one of the Ford family wishing to align themselves with someone like that.

3 Likes

They didn’t. Trump took credit today for influencing a decision that was already made before he won.

Much as he will take credit for the existing thorough vetting of immigrants like it was his idea when really it’s thanks Obama.

Maybe Trump has some tolerable ideas, but it seems many of those are already in practice. Lets not credit him with unearned bases, he was already born on third base and acts like he hit a triple.

Also, he’s a demagogue who spends his time with bigots.

10 Likes

(It was an attempt at sarcasm… See, e.g., Henry Ford and The Dearborn Independent)

6 Likes

15 Likes

Jesus fuck, that corrupt slimy racist domestic-abusing cokehead might even have been a better leader than the one we have right now.

13 Likes

You should always compare prices before purchasing a slimy racist cokehead leader.

13 Likes

What’s he doing these days?

Aside: won’t it be great when we can make “isn’t Donald Trump dead?” jokes instead? Oh, happy days, please come soon (note to Santa - I’ve been very good this year).

10 Likes

It’s the Mike Pence show with a few guest white supremacists any way you look at it.

I can’t even hope that he finally overdoses on one of his 4am twitter snortfests without knowing there’s more of his kind in the wings.

9 Likes

21st Century internment camps?

Yo, Electoral College, seriously? Seriously?

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by at least a million voters, and considering the overall turnout of eligible voters, I think you know what to do in December…and if you don’t, I call bullshit squared. Don’t listen to threats of intimidation. This is our democracy, and the people voted for Clinton, not Trump; that is all.

10 Likes

Is he dead? should we start a thread?

12 Likes

He better not be, because I’m with Takei aspirationally.

And Ford? Dude’s a blackhole eating himself.

1 Like

No. He’s dead.

3 Likes

“Dead” is relative.

No. Not really. He’s dead, as in he died a while ago.

6 Likes

Right. But I think the current proposal is – for now, anyway – for Muslim immigrants, their immediate families, and others entering the country. (Jesus Christ, it feels repulsive just writing that.) Not that it’s not likely to become generalized to Muslim American citizens as well in the next couple of years.

What the fuck? Please read my first post to this thread before jumping down my throat.

1 Like

You and Phrenological really need to make sure you understand posters’ positions before you have knee-jerk reactions to what they write downthread. Kindly go to the top of the thread, and start with my first post, before you throw shade.

1 Like

GodDAMN it, what is it with the posters in this thread? Look at my first post to the thread, PLEASE. The one where I say that I plan to register as well, if I possibly can. You’re all responding to my doubt that this will be possible as if I was a fucking brownshirt.

1 Like

Here’s the cutest part: you think you aren’t already registered, American…

Heh.

Between government and industry, everyone’s already registered.

P.S. I am Indubitably.