Georgia's GOP Secretary of State says Lindsey Graham, GOP chair of Senate Judiciary, pressured him to toss out legal votes

Texas Lt Gov Dan Patrick has offered a $1 million reward for proof of election tampering.

Just sayin’

14 Likes

a little bird tells me that this is already happening…stay tuned.

2 Likes

He’s already been sent proof of some guy who sent in a ballot for Trump in the name of his mother, a nearly unresponsive Alzheimer’s patient in a nursing home. with a faked signature.
OBVIOUSLY he’s not going to pay the reward for THAT one.

7 Likes

I went from believing Trump had something on him to firmly believing that he was simply doing the same things he’s always done, just without the benefit of the McCain PR team pretending he was something he’s not.

But holy shit, now? He was just re-elected, in a contest in which Trump explicitly refrained from supporting him directly. Trump’s base hates him, and he knows this isn’t going to change regardless of what he does. But he’s free from having to worry about a primary for six years, and he’s out there not just toadying, but taking the lead in this.

I’ve swing back into believing that Trump has the goods on him.

13 Likes

More likely Putin, but yes.

9 Likes

https://www.lgraham.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/committee-assignments

And has the means to do it.

8 Likes

Whether it was Putin or Netanyahu who gave Trump the goods, they’re both too smart to blackmail directly. One of them made sure the info got into Trump’s hands, and let him take it from there. (I tend to go with Netanyahu–if I recall correctly, the timeline of Trump and Graham’s golf game and Graham’s miraculous conversion followed some high-level meetings with Israeli intelligence)

13 Likes

I didn’t think of Netanyahu, but also a plausible source of luggage-lifting videos featuring Huckleberry.

9 Likes

It was more a comment on how unlikely it is he will suffer for his sins, but you do you.

1 Like

So, once again, republicans falsely and loudly accusing their hated enemies of crimes are caught committing those crimes themselves.

Must be Tuesday.

13 Likes

(Baleted - wrong thread)

scary thing: they are!

Reading this closely it looks like Graham tried to step up to the line without crossing it, standard political move, “how can I get what I want, which I know is illegal, without actually breaking the law?” So he asks if the GA Sec of State has the power to do such-and-such, which appears like a suggestion he do so, but which Graham can plausibly deny as only a query.

I would love if Graham gets his comeuppance, but I don’t have a lot of faith this will be it. For all the talk Trumpers make about how evil “career politicians” are, they will defend this one with no qualms.

14 Likes

As a Georgia progressive, I’m happily shocked that Raffensperger has turned out to NOT be a complete partisan hack like our last 2 secretaries of state. I’m also 100% sure he’ll be primaried by MAGAs in his next election to rectify the situation. You ain’t go to go to south american to find third world vote manipulation.

8 Likes

Are you kidding? This is red meat for the base. They are finally doing what “everybody” has been demanding that they do since the start of November: don’t let the communists get power and ruin the country. This is how they energize the base.

1 Like

19 Likes

When do we start talking about expulsion?

Lindsey Graham doesn’t have any children, because Lindsey Graham is gay, despite his anti-gay rhetoric.
It is an open secret that he is known as Lady G in certain circles in Washington.
His reputation is not so much as a star fucker, but more that he so compromised that he is being forced to do what the Trump people tell him to, witness his change of mind about who won the presidential vote.

7 Likes

I thought the “Tossing out legal votes is a felony.” bit in the post was redundant, as those people are above the law.

1 Like

Meanwhile…

7 Likes