Girl with approximately 150 "Bunchems" snarled in her hair

This box is exactly what made GirlChild beg for these for years.

Though I thought “hmm, these are creative building toys, like lego, I’m not buying these until she can keep them out of her hair”.
She got a set ~2 years after she started wanting them, and the conditions were that she had to have her hair in a ponytail when playing with them (and I showed her pics off the interwebs of kids with these gnarled up in their hair…)

7 Likes

My brother and I enjoyed burdock season for the velcro ball fights, though our hair was short and straight at the time. Gentler than snow ball fights, by comparison. You sometimes see the edible root for sale in grocery stores, they sadly don’t sell the burrs.

3 Likes

Simpsons gum in hair

7 Likes

2 Likes

These are the things you don’t think of when you’re a 12 y/o waiting for the school bus in the dark and having stepped into a nest on accident. Then, “Ouch, what the heck?” and by then it’s too late. You are in for a day of pain.

3 Likes

When I was a kid, the thing for removing gum from hair was peanut butter.

3 Likes

Burdock - burrdock! - is indeed th’ devil’s work.

1 Like

I don’t understand the obsession w/keeping a little girl’s hair long: mine was a real pain, literally so when tangled. I got so sick of that. Long hair weighs a ton, and it’s so liberating when it’s cut off!

There’s nothing wrong with the pixie cut - a super short one is my preferred cut, and has been for aeons.

3 Likes

Wizzers!

2 Likes

Gotta start that patriarchal indoctrination early. In all seriousness, many little girls “demand” it because even at that age, the societal expectations are already entrenched. Same with the princess phase that everyone takes for granted as being “natural”. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Agreed. I didn’t mean to imply that she would need to grow it back out.
In the Ramona Quimby story, she ended up really liking the new pixie haircut. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I tell hairdressers to cut it short enough that it sticks up on its own, w/o requiring any “product,” and my bangs must be V short, too.

Disclaimers: I have to have my hair off my face because I’m allergic to hair - all hair, including my bloody own. Getting my hair in my eyes or nose causes the same reactions as cat, dog, rabbit, and horses’ hair.
It also somehow still suits me very well, despite my being old and fat XD

I only learned within the last decade that rapists look for women with long hair, b/c it’s easy to hold onto, and it’s an easy way to hurt them :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Whenever my mom saw a woman over the age of 30 with really long hair, she’d quietly observe, “Isn’t she a little old for all that hair?”

ETA: I never went thru a princess phase. I got hip to Hatshepsut at an early age and wanted to be King! :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.