Glenn Beck says he has Covid again, and this time it's in his lungs

I said elsewhere that when it comes to this sort of stuff, we will start losing medical providers. The psychic scars of this kind of decision will be deep.

21 Likes

So the “999” plan did work, Wow…

6 Likes

I, for one, would never wish ill on another person. However, unlike yourself, I am rooting like hell for that sorry ass virus in certain individuals. Since that miserable virus has done such god-awful harm to humanity the least it can do is eradicate a certain category of blazing assholes. Good luck glen, you soulless fucking moron, go covid go.

10 Likes

I was on Wait Wait back in 2012 and won. Carl is STILL my voice mail greeting to this day.

18 Likes

That’s awesome!

I’d put that recording on other things, too, since Carl Castle is sadly, no longer with us… I do wonder how many people in America have his voice on their answering machine, though?

13 Likes

I know that when I do run into it, that person gets a huge amount of nerd cred from me.

8 Likes

Awww shucky ducky!

1 Like

I dunno. For folks like Beck, Alex Jones, etc. who are actively trying to snuff out the rest of the population, I think I’m way past my limit.

10 Likes

He doesn’t have a rectum, thus the never ending supply of sh!t coming out of his mouth.

5 Likes

At least we can take comfort in knowing that when Glenn’s time comes he will meet his maker worm-free and well-hydrated.

5 Likes

Also, don’t forget to spritz some bleach up in that.

2 Likes

Yeah NPR is having its own troubles these days.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Yeah, I saw that. It’s really disappointing, but it’s also not, you know… fox news or right wing radio, which is openly promoting fascism right now. Note that the story you posted is FROM npr itself, which is not something that Fox or any right wing news outlet would ever do (follow general journalistic integrity in reporting on itself).

But sure… both sides are equally bad… /s

18 Likes

There are people out there doing this so we don’t have to:

https://www.mediamatters.org/

9 Likes

Yeah didn’t mean to imply NPR is as bad. I just was disappointed to see they’re having issues. It is somewhat reassuring that they’re reporting on the story themselves, though. Thanks for pointing that out. I feel a little better now.

13 Likes

I’m all for criticizing NPR when they fuck up, of course. I think posting it here, it just came off as a little whataboutism (since the topic is right wing media, which is obvious a much bigger problem right now).

But why not start a thread on it or maybe post it in the misogyny thread and/or the BLM thread, because I really do agree we should talk about it in general.

Thanks for clarifying your thoughts!

8 Likes

Many flavors to chose from.

12 Likes

From that article. I’m wrong, but wouldn’t the move “up” to a more prominent media in a 'star" role be a positive reflection on NPR’s hiring pattern and full support of “other” women?

1 Like

:joy:
If they use the much-vaunted “aged urine,” is it an old grey mare, or an old nag? Inquiring minds want to know.

7 Likes