Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

applause4

10 Likes
11 Likes
7 Likes

Before-and-after photos show how full California’s reservoirs are right now

https://www.sfgate.com/california-parks/article/before-and-after-california-reservoirs-19474575.php

11 Likes

I’m glad to see more customers voting with their feet as corporate greed keeps prices too high even though inflation decreased significantly over the past two years:

Let’s see more of this kid’s energy (set at 2:22):

:fist:t4:

10 Likes
8 Likes

In the recent Amoeba video for their “what’s in my bag” series, with Kathleen Hannah, she got a Springsteen album, and then talked about how she had gone to a show once, and was supposed to go back stage, but she she left because the show was like 5 hours long!

6 Likes

miss piggy film GIF

4 Likes

I’d post it in Ablism and Disabilism, but through inattention I let it close.

14 Likes

Open again.

11 Likes

You are a scholar and a gentleperson. Thank you.

10 Likes

1. They now have a waiting list of people who want to PAY FOR THE PRIVELAGE OF WALKING A DOG.

2. They have made so much money in “rental fees” that they have waived adoption fees

3. When the people renting the dogs are out walking, the post pictures of themselves playing the game on FB and Instagram. People are then coming to the
    shelter asking to adopt specific dogs.

4. On at least two occasions, people have called the shelter and said “Hey, i didn’t think I wanted a dog. But me and THIS dog get along REALLY well. I’m not bringing him back”

5. The shelter currently has no dogs avaliable to rent, and there is a waiting list. Because all of the dogs have been adopted!! They are currently bringing dogs in from a different shelter to be “rented”

31 Likes

Canadian Smile GIF by CBC

13 Likes
10 Likes
15 Likes
12 Likes

[Josh] Gibson is MLB’s new all-time career leader in batting average (.372, moving ahead of Ty Cobb), slugging percentage (.718, moving ahead of Ruth), OPS (1.177, ahead of Ruth), and holds the all-time single season records in each of those categories.

17 Likes

Elokapina = Extinction Rebellion

7 Likes

Yogurt billionaire to bring back historic Anchor Brewing

The billionaire owner behind yogurt brand Chobani has acquired Anchor Brewing Co, the historic San Francisco brewery that shut down last year.

Why it matters: Anchor Brewing, often called the godfather of steam beer, had become a staple in San Francisco, so its closure after 127 years of business sent shockwaves through the city.

Driving the news: Shepherd Futures, the family office of Chobani CEO and founder Hamdi Ulukaya, on Friday announced its acquisition of Anchor Brewing’s assets.

• That includes the recipes, the Potrero Hill facilities, brewing equipment and original logos.

Didn’t one box. Rest of article at
thttps://www.axios.com/local/san-francisco/2024/05/31/anchor-brewing-steam-beer-chobani-ulukaya

13 Likes

So, yogurt beer?

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

8 Likes