Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Yeah for sure.

moose GIF

18 Likes

Damn.

12 Likes

Brave woman, right?

13 Likes

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti…

7 Likes

Erm, brave is one word for it…

3 Likes

This is a smart way to teach what fairness really is to anyone:

https://www.tiktok.com/@aimeesedventures/video/6997110232950328581

8 Likes

In anti gerrymandering news:

“ The panel is charged with redrawing Pennsylvania’s state House and Senate maps every 10 years after the release of new population data by the U.S. Census Bureau.

Under the resolution passed Tuesday, state prisoners will be counted at the address where they lived immediately prior to being sentenced if they are Pennsylvania residents. It excludes people who were not residents of the state prior to being sentenced as well as people serving life sentences.”

11 Likes

Careful! You might get sacked!

6 Likes

If Moose Wrangler is a job, I want it.

3 Likes

@Purplecat “When two or three shall be gathered in Their Name they shall recite the Dead Parrot Sketch”… :grin:

My friends and I spotted a moose at the side of the river we were paddling, so half the team hopped out for a better photograph. It was a fairly wild spot but the moose didn’t feel threatened and just kept munching on the reeds… no conflict…

I know a woman who came face to face with a bear, who had stuck its face in her tent (pro tip: don’t cook a big fish fry-up and take a nap in your tent in the same clothes)… She asked it nicely to leave and the bear just said “oops, sorry” and left… no conflict… (:canada: bear :slightly_smiling_face:)

I’ve been within “oh my goodness that’s the same as the smell of a big wet dog” distance from a bear at night… no conflict…

Our family camped close enough to a wolf pack one year that my 8-year old’s tantrum one morning set off a pup howl… that was funny and cuuuuute… no conflict… we knew where each other were and kept out of the way…

Wild animals can take care of themselves, and usually mind their own business, but don’t usually eat people in our area and generally do not go looking for a fight… (unless it’s rutting season)… just respect their space… don’t piss them off…

I personally prefer them to being out around humans… :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

It’s all yours…

5 Likes
12 Likes

Can confirm.
Even if their velvet is still on, their ability to think has gone waaaayyyyy down.

That is good and encouraging stuff.

I cringe at folks who just need to crowd an animal’s safety for the sake of a good picture. These are people who I don’t camp with or go on a road trip with, but man, I have definitely seen them for myself, in parks, doing disrespectful stuff to the flora and fauna.

Yikes!
Definitely.
And don’t wash dishes near where you camp, if you are in bear country.
Sometimes it’s better to spray down the cooking/eating gear with vinegar water, wipe thoroughly with paper towels, dry those out, and throw them in the campfire (assuming you are allowed to have a wood fire and there’s not a fire ban where you’re camping).

6 Likes

Face Palm No GIF

Bothers to read article…

Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

But seriously, that people have to do shit like this to make a point is depressing.

11 Likes

Barrow are still in the process of re-establishing themselves as a professional football team after 50 years in the semi-professional and amateur leagues, so gestures like this are always helpful.

I still haven’t got used to the idea that Barrow are Carlisle United’s local rivals again

5 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

Also, how about a department of peace, too.

11 Likes

Now that’s just crazy talk!

8 Likes