GOP candidate Darlene Swaffer refuses to tell interviewer who the president of the United States is

Originally published at: GOP candidate Darlene Swaffer refuses to tell interviewer who the president of the United States is | Boing Boing

9 Likes

If only the mainstream/corporate press corps had the guts to constantly pepper Republicans with this question.

42 Likes

Are the laws that Biden signed valid? If not does Florida have to repay all the aid it received?

Do Florida retirees have to give back their social security raises?

40 Likes

That’s historically a question doctors ask to see if a patient is delusional.

53 Likes

Compare this kind of thinking with Putin’s advisors telling him only what he wants to hear.

It’s a similar mindset.

23 Likes

Fuck me. I thought British politics was a shitshow. You keep it up, America, I’m sure we’ll follow suit, as per fecking usual.

24 Likes

To be fair, it’s questionable whether she’d pass an APGAR test, much less AVPU.

33 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

15 Likes

Hilary Duff Lol GIF by YoungerTV

7 Likes

That question would surely trigger the unsavory picture of GOP backsides as they stampede into the distance.

9 Likes

These death cultists are sorely in need of de-programming.

16 Likes

seems like a reasonable question to assess whether somebody is competent to run for public office.

Failed. spectacularly

13 Likes

And buckle up, because it looks like she will be the next Representative from the 22nd district of the “great” state of Florida:

5 Likes

I really enjoy David Pakman. He seems super even keeled and rational in his political commentary.

3 Likes

…you’re leading down an area of controversy…

Well, at least she admits it’s controversial - is this progress?

[Narrator: It is not.]

7 Likes

Plead the 45th, “I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it might expose me to public ridicule.”

Edited because I’d given too many “fs”.

7 Likes

spit it out tell me GIF by Denyse

Yell Tell Me GIF by John Crist Comedy

10 Likes

Even when my mother was most affected by dementia and memory loss, when she was asked if she knew who was president (during Trump’s term), she would confidently respond, “idiot”. If pressed further, her answer expanded to, “stupid idiot.” I was proud of her to the end.

31 Likes

12 Likes

Off-topic, but I’ve been told that toward the end of Margaret Thatcher’s reign, British doctors had to give up on this question because she’d been in power so long that even severely demented Brits could correctly name her.

11 Likes