GOP candidate shows up at rallies with slogan that ties guns to babies

But doesn’t the General Secretary Governor decide who counts the votes?

4 Likes

The laws are problematic, but not nearly as bad as other states. She can still win. I’m getting a little sick of people dismissing that.

13 Likes

Every chance they get?

12 Likes

I know she can win. I’m just a little concerned about Kemp and his minions putting a finger on the scale, no matter what the laws say.

11 Likes

They can surely try… though they know how hyper-focused everyone will be on this election. Given that Kemp was unwilling to overturn a fairly won election that was so close (11,000 or so votes), I doubt they would do that in this case. His attempts at that has been in the realm of purging voter roles, so that things are in the Republican’s favor going into the election. I doubt he would do something so blatant as change the outcome after the election.

11 Likes

Sincerely, I hope you’re right.

5 Likes

I do too. :grin: I do think I am, though. Kemp isn’t a dummy. He knows how everyone is going to be focused on GA in November. And he knows that Abrams’ has a team of lawyers on the issue if something looks fishy in vote counting, etc.

11 Likes

Only in self-defense.

5 Likes

“We’re gonna honor Jesus! … They’re not going to tell us ‘separation of church and state.’ We are the church, and we run this state!” she screamed.

I bet that, if I could stomach reading the rest of her diatribe, she would point out how she loves America and the Constitution.

7 Likes

WWJC (What would Jesus carry?)

10 Likes

At the end of Stephen King’s novella, “The Mist”, the religious fanatic Mrs. Carmody (who has gathered a “flock” of “believers” with her non-stop preaching about monsters and darkness) has a little freak out where she’s screaming at the survivors who want to leave, and demands the protagonist’s son as a blood sacrifice. She’s literally jumping up and down screaming, “Get the man, get his [bad word for a woman], get the child!”, to her followers.

I’ve never forgotten that, and I feel like conservatives have moved well past “Are we the baddies?” to this full-blown, end-of-days psychotic freak out.

If you haven’t read it, it’s worth a read. As with the best horror stories, the monsters are bad, but the people are worse.

13 Likes

An M-60, if Butters has anything to say about it.

https://southpark.cc.com/video-clips/zkdjvt/south-park-m-60-for-jesus?

5 Likes

“Jesus Guns Babies” is the least nutty thing she’s come up with lately, it seems like:

I’d say not, lol.

Ideally Kemp should be going to prison for the corrupt, anti-democratic shit that got him into power in the first place, but I’d settle for him losing the election to Abrams.

14 Likes

She says she’ll stand up to the Luciferian Cabal, but has she debated them even once during this campaign? No, she hasn’t.

12 Likes

What are the Georgia Guidestones? I don’t want to click on any of her links lest the Googlefarian Cabal starts sending her crap my way.

3 Likes

Really? She’s making the Georgia Guidestone a campaign issue?

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

@anon76551318, see below. It’s a weird monument out east of ATL, that was built in 1980 by some mysterious dude… no one agrees what the intent was or who the guy who built it actually was.

13 Likes

Yeah, it’s perfect, isn’t it? Insane conspiracy nonsense as a core campaign issue (and which she probably wouldn’t have any power over even if she did get elected) instead of anything actually… real. And it’s not even good conspiracy nonsense - it’s not one of the insane conspiracies that Qanon/Republicans have elevated to popular awareness. I imagine only the tiniest number of people care about it in the least.

7 Likes

Good read, though not my fav. (The movie adaptation actually had a better ending, for once.)

It’s my firm belief that whosoever starts suggesting human sacrifice should be the first ‘offering’; the zealots tend to back the fuck down when they finally realize that it could be them who gets ‘sacrificed.’

13 Likes

Speaking of “are we the baddies”, I really wonder how virtually every piece of popular media ever made can portray villains with certain characteristics, yet conservatives enthusiastically embrace these same characteristics without a second thought, and seem to have zero self-awareness about it. Do they truly never consume any media that isn’t the Bible or “God Isn’t Dead”-style films made by Christians for Christians? Do they read (yeah, right) and watch normal stories and get frustrated that the people who act like they do keep losing in the end? Or do they somehow manage to twist their brains into pretzels to identify with the heroes, despite having beliefs and values that are the polar opposite of heroic?

9 Likes

Georges Brassens’ witty, gentle song “Mourir pour des idées” (“To die for ideas”) has this covered:

“O vous, les boutefeux, ô vous les bons apôtres
Mourez donc les premiers, nous vous cédons le pas
Mais de grâce, morbleu! laissez vivre les autres!
La vie est à peu près leur seul luxe ici bas.”

(“O you, the demagogues, o you, the good apostles,
Be the first to die, we’ll let you go ahead.
But please, dammit, let others live!
Life is pretty much their only luxury down here.”

1 Like