GOP candidate threatens fellow Republicans as he totes a shotgun in new campaign ad (video)

Or if there were an ad similarly targeting certain members of the Supreme Court.

3 Likes

And at least a third of the country agrees with him and looks forward to the day they can go door-to-door killing their neighbors.

The Republican plan for the future seems to be embracing dystopia – not just one dystopia, but every dystopia, real or fictional, all at once. Nazi Germany? Cambodia under Pol Pot? North Korea? Gilead? The Purge? Idiocracy? Yes to all of them.

15 Likes

This certainly ups the tempo in this fascists’ eliminationist version of musical chairs. Usually they wait a bit longer to consolidate power before the Long Knives are unsheathed.

15 Likes

Threatening to kill politicians for their political beliefs? Domestic terrorism, plain and simple. Lock him up.

25 Likes

it’s an accelerationist tempo.

9 Likes

The “I play video games obsessively and binge-spend on guns and have recurring intrusive homicidal thoughts and help me please help me” party.

2 Likes

Greitens may have forgotten that followers of RINO politicians also have weapons.

5 Likes

Sounds like he’d really like to use those guns for something other than self defence.

8 Likes

Please don’t give these chuckleheads more credit than they deserve. They are a half of a bit less than a half, at the most. 22% is about right, and that includes people who vote that way but either don’t have the wherewithal to follow through on this or who would piss their pants the moment they were in anything remotely resembling combat.

What’s left is still scary, dangerous, and serious, but still represents a minority of a minority of Americans. Take the threat seriously but don’t overcount their numbers.

25 Likes

sam richardson GIF by Team Coco

17 Likes

Shit like that should get you and your whole team Red Flagged and visited by the ATF.

18 Likes

Vacant property is no match for the Coors Light Commandos.

4 Likes

hello, comrade and welcome to the bbs.
care to expand on your first ever post? not sure what your are referencing there.

5 Likes

The Coors Light Commandos were the… uh… SWAT? Military? Republican militia? in the video. And they had no problem busting in and taking down a property that was vacant.

7 Likes

thanks, should have watched the vid, but couldn’t bring myself to do it.

7 Likes

Episode 12 Yes GIF by NBC

I mean, I’m not giving up or anything, but that’s the way I see things going right now, too.

14 Likes

Just walked inside to hear this ad was pulled from FB. Still up on Twitter.

14 Likes

I’m just hoping it drives all the non-fascist voters away from the party, but I know the reflexive tribalism that rules party politics - especially conservative politics - will make that unlikely. Things are going to be ugly for a while. Hopefully it’ll drive away enough to eventually make a difference, though. Just have to hope the fascist wing doesn’t manage a complete takeover, and destroy the democracy, of the country in the meantime.

12 Likes

Unfortunately The Night of the Long Knives and abolition of the SA didn’t destroy the Nazi party. It just made them more acceptable to the mainstream.

Constant purges didn’t weaken Mao or Stalin. It just removed rivals.

16 Likes

Threats to congresscritters of this sort are (usually?) taken very seriously and lead to serious jailtime. I hope they find this asshat before they carry through.

16 Likes