Grand Ouroboros Party

Well I guess when you brand yourselves as “republicans not democrats” and then avoid the things that make democracies republics it must follow…

6 Likes

Kevin McCarthy could face a floor fight for speaker. That hasn’t happened in a century.

10 Likes

Oh look, he’s grifted too much, even for the GOP…

4 Likes

Then how did Trump get elected the first time? It’s not like this is a new thing.

16 Likes

Cross post from Late Stage GOP Asshat Events because self eating.

9 Likes
9 Likes

Wow, that’s some twisted shit all right.

Consider the split between bosom buddies Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene over whether to support Kevin McCarthy for Speaker of the House. “Whatever Kevin has promised Marjorie Taylor Greene,” Gaetz said in November, “I guarantee you this: at the first opportunity, he will zap her faster than you can say Jewish space laser.”

Far-right activist Laura Loomer attacked Greene, saying “MTG is a snake and she needs to go. That’s why I call her Marjorie TRAITOR Greene.”

Meanwhile, Greene, who spoke at a Fuentes meeting earlier this year, has condemned him. Then, Fuentes hit back at Greene. Hard. “She wants to be the face of Christian nationalism. She’s divorced, and she’s actively an adulterer,” Fuentes said, presumably referring to disputed reports that she was linked with a tantric sex guru. “How are you going to be the face of Christian nationalism when you’re a divorced woman girlboss?”

But this is far from the only infighting taking place on the far right. Did I mention that Alex Jones is going to war with Kanye and Fuentes by claiming they have a “homoerotic” fixation on Hitler?

How the hell is a party with all that bizarre weirdness going on supposed to win elections?

(I know, I know, they’ll just steal them instead.)

18 Likes

How is this not reported daily in the NYT?

12 Likes

“Conservative Politicians, Pundits, and Personalities Exchange Constructive Criticism?”

Because that’s how the NYT would cover it…

10 Likes
17 Likes

There Can Be Only One Highlander GIF

12 Likes

Giraffe popcorn

9 Likes

Aww Pity GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes
8 Likes
16 Likes

:smiling_imp:
Grace Helbig Easter GIF by This Might Get

13 Likes

Fun to watch, but it points out one of the truths of fascists. Anything less than 100% adherence to the most loony tunes positions gets you a long knife. They are ruthless in enforcing uniformity to assure everyone has the freedom to think exactly the same way they do. They are not even tryingbto hide it anymore.

16 Likes

Is this even about “positions” at all?

I thought it was about who gets to be the next Speaker of the House

just regular content-free personal loyalty politics

5 Likes

You know, it’s almost getting to the point that normal humans could be watching republicans do politics with a voiceover from Richard Attenborough, or maybe some boxing commentators?

It’s definitely no longer what most people would call reasonable or rational communication.

6 Likes

banging-seals-short-film-showcase

10 Likes