Grifters

Meanwhile in the rest of the world…

6 Likes

From the article:

“If you need to mail a check, do not put a check in your residential mailbox and raise the flag to notify the postman. Drop off checks inside a post office if you have to,” said Todd Robertson with Argo Data, a financial data provider.

Yikes. The majority of businesses/individuals here in Indiana still prefer checks to anything else, and I have certainly been guilty of making it easy on myself and just using my mailbox rather than driving 20-30 minutes in each direction to get to a post office. Guess I won’t do that anymore.

5 Likes

I mean, you have crooks actually assaulting postal workers to get the master keys to public mail drops these days. :rage:

1 Like
2 Likes

Shitty Ponzi Shceme…

:poop:

4 Likes

Hmm…a pyramid of patties perhaps?

1 Like

Good band name: Cow Manure Ponzi Scheme

3 Likes

But did he make the silver clean when it was in storage?

3 Likes

I had forgotten about this guy:

One of the more notable and least sophisticated cases was that of the rapper Nuke Bizzle, a.k.a. Fontrell Baines, who released a video detailing his ill-gotten gains and then was promptly arrested. His scheme — like almost all of the unemployment fraudsters’ — was basic: Take a whole bunch of stolen identities and file claim after claim in those early days of 2020, have the debit cards sent to an address, and hoover up the cash. Of course making a music video about all this and posting it on YouTube recalls Stinger Bell’s famous admonition to a flunky in The Wire: “You takin’ notes on a criminal fuckin’ conspiracy?”

“The video brought our attention, but Mr. Baines had some 92 claims going to two addresses, which is a badge for fraud,” says U.S. Attorney Ranee Katzenstein, who prosecuted the case. She doesn’t see Nuke as any kind of mastermind, just a sad story. “When we think about criminal organizations, we often think of a tree or a pyramid, where somebody is up on top and moving down to different groups. That’s not the model here. The model here is grass growing — because the crime is not complicated. You don’t need to be part of an organization. You can do it yourself from your mom’s basement.”

(Baines pleaded guilty and was sentenced to more than six years in federal prison.)

And then there are soooo many more cases…

4 Likes
1 Like

(via Slacktivist)

5 Likes

Of course Elno has refused to pay.
It’s Capitalism 101. Feudalism 101.

7 Likes

And he has a pill that can turn water into gasoline. But the government doesn’t want you to know about it.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Missionary accused of blowing $33M of Bible donations on diamonds, gambling and $7M of improvements to his family’s farm in elaborate nine-year scheme is on the run from feds

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/missionary-accused-of-blowing-33m-of-bible-donations-on-diamonds-gambling-and-7m-of-improvements-to-his-family-s-farm-in-elaborate-nine-year-scheme-is-on-the-run-from-feds/ar-AA1eFN6e?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d6cca2b4353f462d9e4b80ca83ed0b31&ei=29

7 Likes

Nigerian Princes

Were they all princes?

2 Likes
5 Likes