i want to go to there 30 rock GIF

From

“…I’ve had enough fun for today.” - Gloria, from Cleveland

10 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes

That took a while.

9 Likes

$1.5 billion Mega Millions winner explains how “Lottery Lawyer” Jason Kurland stole $83 million

https://www.lotterypost.com/news/342062

Let me set up ongoing income payments to your family members through a diamond dealer that I know.

You don’t need to make huge returns if you’re a big winner- you need to worry about losing money.

9 Likes

:thinking: How many grifters in the US made their fortunes off average wage-earning people by using similar tactics? Step one - convince the mark that they aren’t capable enough to manage their own money. Step two - offer to help them manage it for a fee. Step three - profit! :woman_facepalming:t4:

11 Likes

Could be in follow up also

11 Likes

But while Jali claimed he could multiply their money by as much as 35% through cryptocurrency and foreign exchange investments, prosecutors say it was simply an unholy scam.

Not only were Jali and his accomplices not pastors like they claimed, they never made any investments with their clients’ money, instead using it to finance lavish lifestyles of private jet travel, luxury homes and fleets of fancy cars.

8 Likes

Our elite financial institutions at work!

10 Likes

I have broken my own rule: never underestimate the power of a bad example.

7 Likes

“Today the Department of Justice dealt a significant blow to the cryptocrime ecosystem,” said Deputy Attorney General Lisa O. Monaco. “Overnight, the Department worked with key partners here and abroad to disrupt Bitzlato, the China-based money laundering engine that fueled a high-tech axis of cryptocrime, and to arrest its founder, Russian national Anatoly Legkodymov.

8 Likes

Financial institutions repeatedly engaging in shenanigans with other people’s money:

12 Likes

Hey I can multiply your money by 35% no problem

STEP 1: You give me $100,000

STEP 2: I keep $65,000

STEP 3: I give you back $35,000

Everybody wins :crazy_face:

9 Likes

:roll_eyes:

face-palm.gif

6 Likes
9 Likes