Groggy cats recovering from anesthesia are pretty funny

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/08/groggy-cats-recovering-from-an.html

5 Likes

My veterinarian ex-wife used to do the blood donor draws. The greyhounds would just walk in, get drained and walk out. Cats needed to be put under. They would use ketamine to induce anesthesia, give them an injection and set them down and wait for it to kick in. A cat that is suddenly entering the K-hole is hilarious; hallucinating, jumping around.

6 Likes

Aw, poor babies.
Lets hope their trips are nice.

13 Likes

When one my cats had dental surgery, he was still a bit… weird… when he came back from the vet. He saw our other cat and was all, like, “hhhheeeEEEEeeeyy… it’s THAT guy!” and walked over to him. The other cat hissed and ran away. Probably because he smelled of veterinarian , but I think to think it was because he was freaked out by his brother suddenly coming back a stoner.

14 Likes

21 Likes

Rhinos waking from anaesthesia are my favourite:

7 Likes

I wouldn’t mind having my belly rubbed when recovering from anesthesia.

8 Likes

15 Likes

My dog would jump up on a really high table for blood donations. She was really into it. Treats.

Never owned a cat myself, but my German shepherd was adorably dopey after recent sedation. Mellow, rather than spacey.

6 Likes

You know that they’d be embarrassed to be seen like this. It shatters the cool image cats do so much to maintain.

8 Likes

I’ve known cats that just leave their tongue sticking out sometimes because reasons. Mainly because they’ve lost the front teeth somehow.
Then there’s this:

13 Likes

Yeah well how about your cat video’s you and your mates sprawled all over your living room after your latest all-night kegger and posts that on the internet. See how you like that you cat-embarrassing, privacy-invading, paparazzi.

10 Likes

I’m probably pretty funny too.

4 Likes

2 Likes

In Lil’ Bub’s defense, she has some pretty severe genetic abnormalities that make her look that way.

9 Likes

Kinda find this more sad than anything :c those poor kitties

7 Likes

Wouldn’t that depend on who was doing the rubbing?

2 Likes

Is that an offer?

3 Likes

hqdefault%20(10)

1 Like

Cute?

No.

Nightmare fuel.

3 Likes