Gun pulled on "cart narc" complaining about abandoned shopping cart

I especially like the economic stimulus from having to repair body damage to my car from errant carts.

10 Likes

A friendly reminder that the NRA said they’re relocating to that state :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Based on the police reaction to the gun, I’m guessing that the liquor laws in Texas aren’t too strict.

In most of Canada, alcohol is supposed to be in the trunk of the car, or the back if there is no trunk. Definitely no open containers allowed in the front seat or back seat. An open alcohol container is considered to be proof of drinking and driving.

9 Likes

10 Likes

I think this guy works for or is featured on a morning show I’d sometimes listen to back in the before times when I commuted.

1 Like

TX is weird. The state has lax open container laws, but then there are some dry counties, some wet counties, and some in between.

4 Likes

That would just be a move on paper to take advantage of Texas laws and avoid the laws in New York where the NRA is currently incorporated. The NRA office would remain in Virginia. Texas lawmakers welcome NRA as it maneuvers to flee New York fraud case | The Texas Tribune

2 Likes

Hereabouts, too many shopping carts were being grabbed by bored kids and homeless people. So they put a $.25 coin-lock on em (now $1), and people are so damn cheap that the stray cart problem pretty much vanished (lotsa bellyaching by customers tho…)

But the unintended consequence (there is ALWAYS an unintended consequence) was to limit access to what is for many homeless people a vital piece of survival gear.

8 Likes

That’s chaotic evil in the shopping cart alignment chart:

Worth posting even if @beschizza linked the article on the OP.

Some more responsible gun owners on display.

Whut? He’s asking to be shot for shaming people for irresponsible shopping cart behavior? That’s a different set of values than I was taught.

32 Likes

I’m against self-checkout because it could take jobs away from people. Rounding up stray shopping carts is also a job for humans.

2 Likes

ProTip® I learned from other parents along the way. When shopping with kids, park closet to the cart corral instead of closest to the door. Then you can easily grab a cart, load up the kids and quickly return it when finished.

14 Likes

I think we just found someone who doesn’t return their carts LOL

3 Likes

guess this is what you get for still using monopoly bills instead of nice fat coins for worth-taking-back-a-trolly-to-retrieve amounts of money

2 Likes

This still amounts to being confrontational, using a moral cause as a cloak. He poisons the interaction right out of the gate. No wonder he gets such harsh reactions. Not to mention the fact that every cart abandoner is already an asshole automatically. What does he expect? This is the stupidest shit I’ve ever seen.

10 Likes

I mean that he’s asking to be aggressively hassled by people he’s aggressively hassling. To be clear(er), no one should be threatened with shooting, much less be shot for any reason.

4 Likes

Is this not the crime of aggravated menacing? I should think a conviction on that charge means no more license to carry.

3 Likes

Same reason why our highways and pretty much everywhere was much cleaner when we had deposits on glass bottles.

1 Like

Why would that be different in Texas, though? I’d expect it to be even more likely in New Jersey. Unless you’re backpedaling about your original meaning.

12 Likes

Scuzzy people are scuzzy.