Gun pulled on "cart narc" complaining about abandoned shopping cart

But clearly some SCSI people are Serial…

16 Likes

Beat me to it. Trailer Park Boys has given me a whole new perspective on shopping carts.

8 Likes

And you’re limited to only 7 of them at a time

11 Likes

Yeah, usually that’s my first choice, but our local Target removed all but one corral and it is always surrounded. I’m actually of the mind that I’d rather park further away and walk than deal with the endless prowling for the best spot. I usually just go one or two aisles to the left or right of the entrance and find a great spot; unfortunately, that’s exactly where they took the corral out. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I went to university in Texas in the 90s and the rule of thumb was that you’re allowed to have one open container in the car at a time. So, that’s what we did. We were young and idiotic back then. I don’t even know if this was correct, though it’s what we told ourselves.

3 Likes

As much as I abhor violence and hate it when people leave carts in the middle of the parking lot, Cart Narc is kind of a dick.

4 Likes

Over here supermarket trolleys are chained together and it takes a 1 or 2 euro coin to release one.

The coin lives in a slot on the handlebar for the duration of your shopping expedition and you get your coin back when you plug back into another trolley.

We don’t have a big problem here with people getting shot over shopping trolleys and I’m confident this is 100% the reason why. /s

7 Likes

This is a cutesy gimmick prank/sketch series by The Woody Show, which is apparently some dumbass morning zoo shock jock podcast/YouTube channel. Seriously, if you look at the channel, it’s complete trash.

1 Like

Everyone in this video is an asshole.

8 Likes

I think what people are missing is the most significant job being created here is that of “Cart Narc” . That’s where the money is. I have a friend who’s a shop steward for a retail food union…she would side with the “leave it for the workers” attitude, and feels the same way about self serve tills. I know the argument is that people should be doing more productive work, but in the short term those made redundant from “cart picking up” and cashier duties are not going to be “re-assigned” to something considered more meaningful. Particularly now for a lot of people the interaction with a cashier is one of their few opportunities to see others; perhaps more value in these interactions than is apparent. I also think if a food retailer offloads too much of the “work” to the shopper they encourage behaviour that is not in their interest like choosing to buy food from online sources.

5 Likes

The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing, the post states. To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right. There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart. Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it.

13 Likes

I think it’s less about the extra work for the cart collectors and more about the damage loose carts can cause to cars in high winds. I’m not a big fan of Cart Narc either, but he does point that out in the second video that killer guy left his in the middle of an open spot on a windy day.

9 Likes

The police are siding with the law. And the law varies from state to state, “wealthy masters” or not.

It’s not illegal to not return your cart. You’re a complete dick, but you’re not breaking the law. What Cart Narc does is harassment and in Texas, apparently you can brandish as a response.

It would land you in jail in Maryland, we don’t permit the general public to carry firearms outside their home. Not sure I agree with it but here the police would side with Cart Narc.

2 Likes

Nope. Hereabouts, if the beer carton is opened, or the liquor bottle is cracked, whether there is anything missing or not, it is presumed to have been opened and consumed (& presumably replaced) while driving. No exceptions. You want to transport an opened liquor or wine bottle or a partially consumed case of beer, it has to be in the trunk.

And the consequences are no joke at all.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t get it, even. So someone leaves the cart in the parking lot. I always return carts, but I can’t even get mildly irritated by people who do this. If the cart’s secure, so it won’t roll into a car, and not blocking a parking spot, it’s not a problem - at worst the next person who parks there can now use it, even if no one collects it. Stores have excessive numbers of carts, so as long as people aren’t taking them out of the parking lot, there shouldn’t even be a shortage.

To make a big deal out of it, to the point where he had stickers made to put on cars seems insane to me. Not as insane as pulling out a gun in response, but still weird and irrational.

6 Likes

These guys are constantly asking themselves if any given situation justifies pulling their gun. It’s hardly worth carrying a pistol unless you pull it often enough for people to know how dangerous and important you are.

14 Likes

They’re magnets. They come right off and don’t leave a mark.

Cart narc isn’t my thing, but whatever. He’s not hurting anyone except for maybe himself. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Anyone who self describes as a “narc” is someone I’d prefer not to have any interactions with

8 Likes

I would just add that in no way is this Cart Narc guy making the world a better place. Not even slightly.

5 Likes

Dude, free magnets!

4 Likes