Guy deals with little kid who sets off his driveway cam every day

But not at the same time. That’s for Tesla “drivers”.

5 Likes

How nice.

Too bad about the folks here who choose to see the glass as “half empty.”

31 Likes

Some people need pearls to clutch i guess

10 Likes

Or parades to piss on.

10 Likes

Instead of accepting that a story might be inherently nice it is reframed as “this guy is a pedo or at least has some kind secret agenda”. I guess they relate more to stories of people being assholes to kids and strangers? :thinking:

11 Likes

19 Likes

My name is Kevin. And I’m old.

And in the winter I love watching the kids sledding in my front lawn. I know I have the best sledding hill in the neighbourhood. I also love seeing how the older kids post out a lookout for traffic so that if the littl’uns overshoot and go into the road, they’re still safe.

But of course, that makes me a suspected I-don’t-know-what because the only kids you’re allowed to like are your own, and my baby is in her late twenties and living in her own home.

24 Likes

Our neighbour has been having a heck of a time with contractors trying to make an extension on their house. A project that was supposed to take 2 months a year ago is still ongoing as the first contractors bit off more then they could chew, then there were lawyers involved, and finally a second company was brought in, then covid hit, and now the second company is having trouble sourcing all the building supplies etc etc.

Long story short, the neighbour has kids (3 & 5) and their backyard for the last year was first a pit and then a construction supply dump. At first we said they could play in our driveway anytime, and I would go draw hopscotch and trails and such for them to play. Now, we let them play in our backyard (as long as their parents know they are there) because I believe in kids playing in real grass and having space to run. The random construction noises next door is annoying, but that’s not the kids fault and it lowers everyone’s stress levels to hear happy kids noises rather then the parents always yelling at them to stop being under foot.

31 Likes

So lovely. And kinda what I needed to see right now. Thanks @Rusty_Blazenhoff!

13 Likes

This is my unicorn chaser for the year :unicorn:

14 Likes

I’m also glad to see the parents getting their kids out on bikes. Last summer, out on a bike ride, I saw a kid on the bike trail going the other way on his bike, by himself, with a fishing pole sticking out of his bag. I was absolutely stoked to see a sight like that, especially these days. In my area, there have always been kids out on bikes whenever the weather is nice, but I rarely have seen kids out to go fishing.

9 Likes

Oh sweet Lord I needed this! This is quite honestly the best thing I have seen all week. TGIF like a mther fcker.

9 Likes

tenor

11 Likes

I don’t ride anymore, but wish I’d seen this guy’s videos before I started.

(Also, I love the fact that I’m now watching Toby Flenderson give me motorcycling advice.

ETA Also Toby Flenderson is making me miss riding.)

1 Like

It’s all fun and games until the kid skids out and skins a knee, and then the lawyers come out.

2 Likes

Or a squirrel catapult

4 Likes

…and then you realize there are still good people out there, so you close all those tabs with Trump related pages you have already opened but still not read, and go to bed.

That fucker won’t ruin the good mood I am in after seeing a rare example of being a good person, and probably a good father too.

10 Likes

But they’ll never be happy. I mean, there are literally parades where that’s ok (I’m looking directly at you dude in a kiddy pool in SF at the Folsom street fair!), and they still want to do it outside of the accepted areas.

And as other people noted, it’s simple. Share a cold water with someone working outside in the heat. Talk to your neighbors (even if you’re fundamentally antisocial).

You don’t get to bitch about everyone being only out for themselves if you’re not willing to step out a bit for others.

4 Likes

I always meant to go, and never got around to it before the pandemic happened.

But if there were ‘golden shower floats’, maybe it’s for the best that I missed it.

No shaming, it’s just:

Real talk; it’s doing small, random acts of kindness that tend to ensure one is NOT a dick.

It is a choice.

10 Likes

So what is the rest of you grumpy at here?