Guy who threw tomatoes at Donald Trump might be America's greatest hero

I agree because there are people out there who were assaulted with things other than tomatoes, and they’ll bear the scars from those events for the rest of their lives.

However, this would be one of those times where, were I the presiding judge, sentencing would result in a firm handshake and a maybe a finger-wagging, “now don’t you go and do that again, young man”.

So far in America, we’re not regularly throwing objects at Sanders, Clinton, Rubio, hell, not even Cruz (who deserves something heavy, maybe an anvil), but when you’re openly and happily advocating, from the national stage and as part of your campaign platform, the removal of a wide swath of America’s residents, or advocating, from the national stage and as part of your campaign platform, disallowing wide swaths of people from entering the country because of their religion, I think a few tomatoes to the face is appropriate.

In fact, I would happily endorse the person willing to throw Ted Cruz at Donald “short-fingered vulgarian” Trump.

4 Likes

That our is surely upsetting indigenous South and Central American readers who have been growing tomatoes for longer then they’ve been throwing them at vaudeville performers.

Although in this case, it seems like it was a good guy with a tomato.

And the only thing that stops a good guy with a tomato is Alternaria stem canker, Fusarium wilt, or Stemphylium gray leaf spot.

But what kind of tomato?

Beefsteak?
Better Boy?
Blaby Special?
Celebrity?
Fourth of July?
German Johnson?
Great White?
Hillbilly?
McDreamy?
Moneymaker?
Mortgage Lifter?
Stupice?
Tiny Tim?

4 Likes

So the thing to stop a bad guy without a tomato is a good guy with a tomato?

…some place has an annual tomato throwing fight. Could somebody photoshop Trump in there?

1 Like

Intelligence is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put them in a fruit salad.

13 Likes

If they were smart, that sign would have said something innocuous on the side facing Trump, so he wouldn’t know what the cameras were seeing.

1 Like

Battle of the Oranges?

1 Like

This:

4 Likes

Hopefully, it was a Brandywine. I can’t grow a small one, no matter how hard I neglect 'em.

1 Like

FTFY 

5 Likes

While I can’t get bent out of shape about tomatoes being thrown and don’t recognize the slippery slope between chucking tomatoes as expression and suppression via violence as particularly valid, it’s totally fine that he’s being hauled before a judge. It’s often the intent of civil disobedience or a secondary target, getting that platform.

But weaponization is probably to be avoided? Probably? I dunno, chucking tomatoes from 400 feet away might be overkill?

What’s the internet rule for “if it exists it has been fired from a barrel.”

Also can be remotely fired with add-ons, if you really intend to give the secret service a busy day

4 Likes

I really want to see some Citation Needed protesters at a trump rally:

6 Likes

I’d have a good laugh at the sight of Trump being pelted with a tomato, but that’s about the end of it. In truth, it would hurt the feel-bads of his supporters and generate sympathy. It would lend strength to a claim that his opponents are lawless and uncivilized.

When you have someone who is easily enraged and will make wildly offensive statements when so enraged, then your course is clear: Enrage him at every opportunity until he makes a crack about working people. This can be done with extremely passive behavior – nothing need be thrown at anyone.

3 Likes

I guess theatre no longer applies to politics?

Throwing produce is a time-honored tradition in theatre. Get with it.

Good luck in MacBeth!

2 Likes

I like pie, but i like shrimp better, which is where my vote is going.

2 Likes

Christie’s got a major hard-on for anything involving transportation.
New train tunnel under the Hudson? Nope.
Raise gasoline tax to pay for New Jersey’s dismal roads? Nope.
Close several lanes and disrupt traffic on busiest bridge in the world? YES.
Park NJ Transit rolling stock in low lying train yard during hurricane? YES.
Divert Hudson River toll funds for repairing highway far from there? YES.

Also Pittston, PA:

http://pittstontomatofestival.com/fight.htm

1 Like

I.am the yippie pie thrower
I.support Andrew alemao as the peoples defender of justice

1 Like

Where is Abbie Hoffman when we need him

2 Likes